Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Possible class action

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have a UN50NU6900 tv which I bought 20 months ago and is out of warranty.

A few days ago a dark vertical shadow appears on the center-right side of the TV.

From a quick look around the forum as well other location on the internet looks like the problem is in large scale and with similar models, as well as right after the warranty expired.

IMG_5378.JPG

Looking into a class action, opinion?

Thank you.

T.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Possible class action

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the troubleshooting steps provided in the accepted solution of this thread did not work, you can private message one of the mods with your TV's information or call into 1-800-SAMSUNG to see what options we have available to you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the troubleshooting steps provided in the accepted solution of this thread did not work, you can private message one of the mods with your TV's information or call into 1-800-SAMSUNG to see what options we have available to you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The accepted solution did not solve the problem, I called Samsung customer service which guided me to reset to factory settings, which did not solve the problem, eventually, the representative did not have much technical knowledge and could not assist me, the support ended there.

Very disappointed with Samsung customer support, Samsung lost my next TV purchase 100%. 

I'll do my best right now to collect as much data as I can to understand better why those specific models breaking around the same time period.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Do you know manufacturers are designing new products to fail? There are documentaries on youtube that report on these manufacturers Samsung being one of them.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep. Add me to the list. Same issue on same age TV. I had just purchased another Samsung last week that hasn't been delivered yet. Guess that order will be getting cancelled. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with the KS8000 series 4 year old tv. Unfortunately I'm in Canada so wouldn't be able to be in the class action unless it included Samsung Canada. So please include Canada in the class action suit.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list-

My 2 un50nu6900 TVs does the same thing. One through the center, other through the sides. Local electronic store I purchased the tv is no help, wanted $160 to 'diagnosis' the problem. I doubt changing it into new panel would help since it could happen again in 2 yrs.

Tried resetting as well. (purchased in 2018 nov)

CenterCenter

SidesSides

SidesSides

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in on a class action. Keep me posted. Just happened to mine two days ago.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in on a class action law suit. Happened to mine about a month ago. TV is less than 2 years old. Was told there was nothing to be done except pay to have it fixed (which I would be better off just buying a brand new TV). 

Samsung has lost my business if they don't fix this, and even then, with all the trouble I've had to go through to try to get an answer, might just look else where from now on.

unnamed.jpg