About 3/4 days ago Prime Video stopped working on my Samsung UN55J6300 TV.
- the app loads
- everything appears normal but...
- videos will not stream (timer spins then I get a message " Something went wrong. Please try again later. For more help, go to amazon.com/videohelp." except...
- movie trailers play
Troubleshooting efforts tried and failed multiple times in various order:
- de & re-register TV
- sign out/into app
- reset smart hub
- tried a different internet connection (diff ISP)
- power cycle tv via power cord & wait 1 min
- hold tv power button for 20-30 seconds to clear cache
- cleared all browsing and web history via web app
- un & reinstalled Amazon app from SmartHub (oddly the tv let me do this once, while all other times it says "the basic set of apps on your device cannot be deleted.")
- a side note: after deleting all but basic apps from SmartHub, they always return on restart. What the heck?
I've spoken with Amazon support twice and once including conference with Samsung support. Samsung took remote control and tried a couple of things. Still the same.
I find it odd that movie trailers play and nothing else, as if Amazon made a change to the way that videos are authorized, e.g. free movie trailers remain unaffected.
Since this is only occurring with the Amazon app, I would recommend verifying with them that they still support the app on your television.
What is the current software version on the television?
There is a newer software version available, have you checked for any available updates?
You can also install it manually, the software can be found here: Link
1. You will need an empty USB Flash Drive.
2. Download the file from the link above
3. Once it is downloaded, right click on the file and click Extract and then select the base of the USB Flash Drive.
4. Then plug the USB Flash Drive into the television and navigate to the software update section.