Original topic:

Problem with HDMI ports to use ARC

(Topic created: 12-23-2022 04:13 AM)
lucadvs
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello,

I have a Samsung Smart TV model UE43KU6000W with Tizen firmware T-JZL6DEUC-1260.1 installed.

The 3 HDMI ports are working but when I connect a device into the HDMI 2 port, the screen shows that the used input source is HDMI 3. When I connect a device in the HDMI 3/ARC port, the screen shows that the used input is HDMI 4 (which is not supposed to exist because the TV only has 3 HDMI ports). On the other hand, there are no problems with HDMI 1/DVI. Regarding HDMI 2, it exists among the sources on screen but is not recognized by any of the 3 ports when I connect a device, like a dead input.

I would like to use the HDMI 3/ARC as principal input when I turn on my TV so I can use the ARC functions but when I go to the settings to choose the principal input, I can only choose between HDMI 1/DVI, HDMI 2 (dead input) and HDMI 3 (which shows on screen the device in the HDMI 2 port). It’s impossible to choose HDMI 4 (which in reality is HDMI 3/ARC) because HDMI 4 doesn’t show up in the list of choice for the principal source when turning the TV on.

I tried a factory reset, updating the TV and also renaming the sources, nothing works. This is definitely a software issue. If anyone can help, that would make me able to keep this TV a little bit longer.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how having issues with your HDMI ports can cause some frustration. There is not a specific way to reset just the HDMI ports on our TVs, you can try a factory reset on the TV itself, And you can try the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01208751/.

If this does not help the next step would be to reach out to your country support team to get further support as we would be unable to help further as we can only support US devices. You can use the following link to find your country's support page. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

5 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Is the TV still under warranty?
0 Likes
lucadvs
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello Diaboyos, thanks for your reply.

It's a UHD TV I bought in 2016 so I'm pretty sure it's not under warranty anymore.

I looked around online and I can only find solutions for the "No signal" problem which is totally not mine... When I connect a device in HDMI 2, that device appears on the HDMI 3 source on screen and when I connect a device in HDMI 3, the screen shows that I'm in HDMI 4 (which doesn't exist). I tried renaming the HDMI sources but that wasn't the trick... I'm looking for a solution to reconnect the right HDMI ports (hardware) to the right HDMI sources (operating system).

Any help from an expert would be really appreciated

Cheers

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You'll need to call Samsung directly for this one. 1-800-726-7864
Although if it's out of warranty they may simply tell you to take it to a ubreakifix location.
0 Likes
lucadvs
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Actually I'm pretty sure that this prob should be easily fixed with a way to reset the HDMI ports and no need to bring the TV in a repair center. Hopefully someone can share a pro tip.

@Samsung_Stephanie
@Samsung_Moderator
@GaryB82
@SamsungAdam
@SamsungTam
@SamsungCaleb
@MrLarry
@SamsungKim1
@SamsungAl

PS: Yes, it's a EU model but I don't think a different region needs a different reset method. Thank you 🙂

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how having issues with your HDMI ports can cause some frustration. There is not a specific way to reset just the HDMI ports on our TVs, you can try a factory reset on the TV itself, And you can try the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01208751/.

If this does not help the next step would be to reach out to your country support team to get further support as we would be unable to help further as we can only support US devices. You can use the following link to find your country's support page. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html