Original topic:

Problem with tv image on 5 month old QN50Q80TAFXZA

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 09:48 AM)
GHnyc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

Today I started experiencing image problems with my 5 month old QN50Q80TAFXZA.  Here’s what it looks like (the picture somehow is upside down; sorry):

Distorted pictureDistorted picture

It’s only on this tv, not others so I don’t think it’s the cable. It happens on channels streamed through Roku and directly through Samsung. The above photo was taken from Netflix streamed via  the Samsung Netflix channel. Further, I played a video from my iPad via Airplay — so no cable involved — and saw similar distortion. I went through the diagnostics under Device Care and it said “The live TV screen sometimes freezes or appears broken”.  Then I did the Video Test under “self diagnosis’ and while some frames looked normal, many more showed similar distortion.

Before I contact support where I suspect I’ll ultimately require a service visit, does anyone have any idea what could be going on with my tv? I tried to post a short video, but they’re apparently not allowed.

This is my second Samsung TV with issues.  

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service please reach out directly via one of the following methods, as we would like to Gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis. Please provide the full model and serial of the TV as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email. 

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Sent Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes