Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userPZo7xQIUru
Asteroid

Problems with ARC on MU9000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have had my MU9000 for about a year and a half. And decided to buy a new receiver that supported ARC and had a few other features that I wanted. I got an Onkyo TX-NR676. I had everything hooked up and running smoothly for about 1 month. After a month my TV no longer recognized the receiver. I found something in a forum online that suggested trying to unplug all of the inputs and the power from the TV, let it sit for about 20 minutes, and then plug everything back in. This worked for about a week. 

I contacted Samsung support and they had me do a factory reset. Now the TV doesn't recognize any HDMI device that I plug into the OneConnect box (Every device shows and 'Unknown'). 

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userPZo7xQIUru
Asteroid

Re: Problems with ARC on MU9000

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The ARC on my TV is now working again. I am not 100% sure what fixed it but the samsung tech replaced the main board (still had the problem), They then replaced the OneConnectBox (still had the problem), and then the tech called a samsung support number and they instructed us to do the steps below. I'm not sure if it was a specific one of these things that did it or if all three were required but I would suggested trying the steps below but it does not require and replacement parts.

Steps the Samsung support tech (on the phone) had us perform.

1. Turn off the Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) in the settings on the TV.

2. Turn off the CEC on the AV REceiver.

3. Power off both devices.

4. Turn on the Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) in the settings on the TV.

5. Turn on the CEC on the AV Reciever. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide the full model code and current software version so that we can best assist. 

userPZo7xQIUru
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model #: is UN65MU9000FXZA 

Software version : 1262.0

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? Have you tried unplugging everything from power for 5 minutes?

userPZo7xQIUru
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried a new HDMI cable (bought a new cable) and tried the unplugging everything for 5 mins. ( actually unplugged everything for 20 mins.)

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please call our Digital Television department a call at 1-800-SAMSUNG. Ask for them to remote into the device and perform a service reset. Please keep us posted.

userPZo7xQIUru
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called samsung at the number above and they told me that they can not remote into my TV and do a service reset. They said thre only thing they could do is a factory reset. I asked them for instructions on how to enter the service menu and they would not give me that information either. SamsungGill, do you know how I can access the service menu so I can perform the reset myself? Thanks in advance.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We do not have the Service Menu information available. Please send the serial number and an approximate purchase date to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've got you set for service.  The reference number is 4149604149.  The service center will follow up with you directly to schedule the date and time.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has your repair been completed?