cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Product Support

Has anyone tried to get support on a TV that is defective?  

I have, let me tell you about my experience.  First off, I bought a 58" UHD Smart TV in April, less than three months ago.  The TV goes blank after powering up and does not work for any inputs (HDMI, SAT, TV, ...). When I  tried to schedule a service through the chat-bot I was referred to go online to schedule.  When I go online to schedule, the appointment scehduler times out and gets stuck while it is clocking.  When I call the 800 number online, I go through a long IVR that results in me on hold with usless music. After thrity minutes of on-hold music I tried to go online to try to schedule again, but I end up in the clocking screen that does not render anything. 

I understand times are different with COVID, so I can accept an appointment that would bemany days out. I am even willing to bring the 58 inch TV somewhere. I however cannot get any direction on how to resolvedor any reassurance from Samsung that the  defective Samsung product I bouoght can be fixed, despite my patience.  

Any suggestions?

Samsung - 58" 7 Series - 4K UHD TV - Smart - LED - with HDR

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Product Support

Is it showing a black screen? Can you hear sound or nothing happens at all? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Dear Moderator,

The screen loads a blank color and no sound.  A technician is needed or a replacement is needed. 

All,

I want to share my story in case it may help save some grief for anyone reading. I made an appointment online from the Samsung  website.  I even got a call from someone at Samsung who made me repeat what I am experiecing with the TV after I already typed  it in.  She confirmed the appointment time and address.  I also got an email from Samsung confirming the appointment was to take place today, Monday.  Just before the scheduled time for the appointment a technician called me and what was wrong with the TV. After explaining again the issues with the TV, the technician tells me he can come out on Wednesday.  I explained that I had a confirmation email for an appointment today. It did not matter to him, as he does not work for Samsung and was not made aware of an appointment. Apparantly he makes the appointment times himself, not through the online Samsung appointment maker.  So after  explaining the issues multiple times verbally and written, along with two confirmations of an appointment, I am left waiting some more for an appointment and for hopefully a resolution this year before my warranty expires in 2021.  I guess the moral of the story is you need to keep your schedule flexible to accomodate Samsung's operations, depsite being a loyal customer and despite being given confirmation of an appointment. 

Constellation

The saga continues.  After wating two additional days without a working TV, which is only three months old, a local TV technician named Frank shows up this morning.  WIthin one minute he tries to turn on the TV and says that he needs to get some parts. When asked when Frank will return, Frank says in about 10 days.  Frank leaves with no other explanation.  Can Sumsung just send a replacement TV that works? All the appointments and the labor is more costly than just replacing and the frustration we are going through is ruining the little brand loyality and trust I have left with Samsung.