cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Pyle Wireless TV Speaker

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYBK98M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would like to connect this to the following TV: UN55NU6900.

Things I have tried: 

1. Device to export audio to speaker via USB port: No drivers required:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This option produced no audio, presuming Samsung does not chanel audio though USB ports? Best I could come up with on that. 

2. Device to export audio to speaker listed above via Optical Port:  This failed because the device following this text was built poorly... It broke befor every playing audio.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083LDWLZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is there another option / solution out there?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Pyle Wireless TV Speaker

In order to use this speaker with your television, you will need some type of digital-to-analog audio converter box. There are quite a few that are available from Amazon that have better reviews than the one you show.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

So, first and foremost, thank you for taking the time to respond. Secondly, I basically need three things and I will never bother you again. 1. Which port / connection on the TV will put audio into this speaker box. 2. If you have a second, and I am not suggesting you / samsung would be endorsing any specific product, can you provide me with an ADC that has better reveiws or is known to work. 3. How do I set the TV options. 

My father is hearing impaired so when he watches TV, the whole neighborhood watches with him - weather they want to or not. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You will need to either use the HDMI or Digital Audio Out to do this. The D/A Converter listed here will work for the Digital Audio Out. HDMI to Analog would be entirely different. Once you have the devices connected, set the speaker audio to whichever output you are using (DA or HDMI).

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

My TV has two audio output options.  1. TV Speaker, 2. Audio Out/Optical. No other options exist. From those two options, the TV Speaker puts audio on just on the speaker. The Audio Out/Optical gives  Optical. The optical didn't work with the device I had purchased no matter what options I tried. Which leaves no other options. I have read the manual but it didn't appear to be informative. Here is the thing - I have 6 of these TVs in varrying sizes (50 to 65 Inches) so If I can get this resolved - it would be greatly appreciated. Is there a firmware update that alters the audio outputs?

Highlighted
Constellation

I have an digital/analog converter that works fine with my Samsung. Maybe it will work for you.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07PWJSJ97

192K DAC Converter Multifunction Audio Converter, HDMI ARC Audio Extractor Adapter, Toslink(Optical) or Coaxial or HDMI ARC Input to Coaxial + Toslink(Optical) + Stereo L/R + 3.5mm Jack Output 

From the TV be sure to use the HDMI connector that is labled ARC. Note that the TV speakers will be deactivated when using this setup.

A simpler solution that allows both the wireless headphones and the TV speakers to be used at the same time may be to purchase a pair of Bluetooth wireless headphones that will pair up with the TV directly.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

There is not. Audio Output is limited to ARC via HDMI and Optical Audio. Unfortunately, most converters will not work correctly.