cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Q70R Ghosting/Corona Issues

As many users of these TVs probably now know, there is a major issue with the game mode in this line of TVs. When freesync is enabled, an unacceptable level of inverse ghosting appears around objects on the screen, it is particularly bad in fast paced games. 

One of the main reasons a lot of people buy this line from Samsung is for the gaming experience. These TVs are excellent with response times, so many will want to play fast paced shooters on them. This problem threatens the reputation of Samsung, as this line is the flagship line right now. 

This post is a call to the developers and team leads at Samsung: do something about this. There are other threads here and elsewhere online discussing this problem, some even suggest novel firmware solutions. Please for the love of God patch this problem before everyone returns your TVs.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Q70R Ghosting/Corona Issues

SAME EXACT ISSUE, been told to download 2 different software updates, trying update 1352 now, doubt it will do anything, freesync "ultimate" still the only option available also, "basic" permanently greyed out since owning the tv, what a farce!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey guys,

same issue in germany!! You're not alone! So pls join our Thread in the german samsung community! So they can see that this is a bigger problem. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Lila-und-Grüne-Schlieren-Nachzieheffekte-Q-Serie-2019/td-p/12...

i know everything is in german, but the issue that is discussed in this topic is exactly the same problem! I think that we should fight together against this and look for a solution for us all!!

Highlighted

Hey thanks is for the support and your contribution! I've commented on the thread you linked, no worries about the language barrier, thankfully Google helped me understand the discussion. I had to reply in English though, I wasn't prepared to embarrass myself by translating my reply into German! 

I linked this thread and a Reddit thread, there's people having the issue everywhere! You're absolutely right, we need to band together to get this fixed. We've paid a lot of money for a TV that offers great technology, but we're being absolutely robbed of it's best performances, and they can fix it with a patch of they would just dedicate the resources to it. 

Keep up the fight brother!

Highlighted
Constellation

Just adding my voice, new owner of a Q70T. Same issue. Game Mode comes with a nice dose of inverse ghosting and coronas on Xbox One X. Disgusting performance from a TV much more expensive than the cheapo 2016 and 2017 Sammys I have that never displayed even a hint of ghosting. This is a clear overclock/engine problem and I'm amazed that Samsung refuse to address it, you can see people complaining about it since the QLED line debuted. Ironic that the cheap TVs perform better. 

For the record, in my case enabling Game Motion Plus and disabling VRR on the Xbox One X helped. The ghosting is gone, but yes, the framerate doesn't feel natural. It's acceptable, but not ideal. 

Really daunted by the thought of returning this TV, will give it a couple days more and then see. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same experience here on the Q80T I just got last week. Very disappointing that one of the key reasons I purchased this TV (FreeSync) is one that I am not able to enjoy. Pretty unbelievable that this issue has gone on since last year without even an acknowledgment from Samsung.

This isn't a minor gripe, games are unbearable with those settings.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Have this issue on the q90r too. Emailed rtings.com and they replied:

Hi,

Thanks for your email! We are aware of these issues, and we plan on adding some game mode tests to our next test bench update. Unfortunately, this likely won't be ready for at least a few months, maybe longer, as it takes time for us to develop new tests and retest old models.

Thanks,

Adam Babcock

Technical Writing Manager/Directeur

Hopefully this will wake samsung up