Original topic:

Q80A Black Dot and Sound Syncing

(Topic created: 08-01-2021 08:57 AM)
Barjan
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I took delivery of a Q80A 65" on 07/22/21. There were 2 issues that stood out immediately:

1. There is a black spot in the upper left corner. See the attached pics. Thought it might be something stuck on the screen from the packaging. Tried to wipe it off with a microfiber towel.  Still there. Apparently the black spot in embedded in the screen. I bought the TV at PCR. Went back to the store told them the issue and said they would replace the TV.  At that point I decided that with all the issues with this model I told the store since you are going to replace the TV I wanted to pay the difference and get a Sony X950H. The store said that was ok back in 07/25/21.

2.  Next issue was sound synching. The sound did not match the person speaking. Like watching one those old karate movies.

So as of yesterday 08/01/21 there is no scheduled delivery/exchange date. Now being told they need to have a service person from PCR check the TV . I also reached out to Samsung c/s on 07/22/21. The lady I spoke with said she could also have some from Samsung check the TV. I told her it was being replaced so no need to make a service call.  After the call  I decided that with all the issues with this model I no longer want this TV.  Went back to the store and said since you are going to replace the TV I wanted to pay the difference and get a Sony X950H. The store said that was ok back in 07/25/21.

So as of today 08/02/21 no resolution and no appointments have been setup.

Q80A 1.jpgQ80A 2.jpgQ80A 3.jpgQ80A 4.jpgQ80A 5.jpgQ80A 6.jpgBS 3.jpgBS 4.jpgBS 5.jpg

0 Likes
4 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
If you told PCR that you wanted to return it for something else and they're stalling then you need to address this with them. They might be killing time until they can say it's too late to return it. If they're making some excuse about the exchange just tell them you want to return it for your money back in that case. How much time do you have to return it?
0 Likes
Barjan
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Ty for your response.

The TV was delivered this past July 22.   So have a little time. Yes I think they are stalling and now want to make a service call on August 11th.  Not going to happen. The TV is defective in my opinion so will never be comfortable with it moving forward, even if they replace it with another Q80A. I am sure this can be returned to Samsung  as a defective item so PCR will not take a loss. 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You should just pack it up and take it back to the store and tell them you want a refund now not later.
0 Likes
Barjan
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

A good idea in one way but does have some negatives.  Disassembling, repacking correctly and the box is huge 63'w x28"hx9"d empty is heavy. Once the box is repacked it is very heavy and transporting the TV back to the store could create more damage. That could become a bigger issue.

I am suppose to be at the store today 12 noon after raising a stink this past Monday. Let see how it plays out.

0 Likes