Original topic:

Q80T HDR Issues After 1460.9 Update

(Topic created on: 2/4/21 7:39 PM)
AMBocanegra
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I'm getting HDR compatibility issues after my Q80T auto updated to 1460.9 today. Previously on my Xbox Series X I could run 120hz/VRR and HDR with no issues, but with this new update HDR will not activate for any games unless I force my Xbox to run at 60hz.

Running HDR apps like Netflix off the console aren't impacted, which is also kind of strange. 

Anyone else having problems? Hopefully they fix this soon, I don't want to sit on my flagship model tv that advertised all these new game features and then not be able to use HDR with any of the new features. 
0 Likes
6 Replies
userHZFHxCIvNJ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I saw this update on my Q80T, went to search on Google about it and saw your post. I have no troubles loading up Cold War on my Series X at 4k/120hz with HDR. I never use VRR as I think you can only use that in game mode on the tv and the colors looked awful. looks like HDR turns off when I turn on game mode, not sure if that's how it always was, but sounds like not based on what you said
0 Likes
userHZFHxCIvNJ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
also, I do see that in the tv info menu (click middle button) it shows the fps updating in real time. looks like only when in game mode but I don't think that was there before
0 Likes
userHZFHxCIvNJ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
actually I lie, I see vrr and hdr enabled at the same time
0 Likes
AMBocanegra
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
so I'm confused as to what your settings are? Is your game mode off or on? Are you using VRR? You need game mode to be on or on Auto to use VRR. I'm not really willing to turn game mode/VRR off because that introduces a lot of latency to gaming
0 Likes
userHZFHxCIvNJ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Yea after looking more I was able to do 4k, 120hz, game mode, VRR and HDR all at the same time. You can notice additional latency without game mode? You should look at the rtings.com review of the Q80T..they actually state yea game mode reduces latency, but VRR increases latency and their data proves that. Almost looks like the latency with game mode and VRR is higher than without either of those functions enabled.
0 Likes
userHZFHxCIvNJ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
we're talking a few milliseconds though, I don't think anymore can notice that with the naked eye.
0 Likes