cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Q80T and Amazon Fire TV Cube

I purchased a Q80T last month and absolutely love it, except for an audio issue that's been nagging me. I use an Amazon Fire TV Cube for my streaming. Unfortunately, sound cuts out completely for just a second or so, every so often. I haven't really found a pattern to it. I've looked everywhere online and I see others have had audio issues with the TV. How can I fix this?

I've already changed HDMI cables, unplugged and replugged all cables, restarted all devices, and turned off a lot of auto detect settings in case they were causing an issue. What else can I do to fix this issue so I don't have to return the TV?

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q80T and Amazon Fire TV Cube

Is this the only device that this occurs with?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Is this hooked up through a receiver using eARC or are you just hooking the Fire TV Cube up to the TV and using the TV speakers?

Astronaut

Same issue with my QN65Q90TAFXZA. I've tried every Amazon fire TV device I have. Same issue. Does not do this with PS4, PS3, USB or embedded Samrt apps.

Astronaut

I have it hooked up to a HW-Q90R Samsung Harman Kardon 7.1.4ch Soundbar with Dolby Atmos which is designed for the TV

Constellation

Hello,

I seem to have a very similar problem, has anyone managed to get it solved.

When I hook TV ARC to my Harman Kardon AVR, my AVR keeps hanging with amber light flashing.

So I connected Fire tv Cube direct to TV HDMI 3 (Arc) and used TV speakers, but started to experience these random sound cut offs every now and then, but not as frequent as other members are experiencing.

Constellation

I am experiencing the same problem with a 4k firestick attached to my 80T TV HDMI port #2

@userYI3qAxioMj wrote:

I purchased a Q80T last month and absolutely love it, except for an audio issue that's been nagging me. I use an Amazon Fire TV Cube for my streaming. Unfortunately, sound cuts out completely for just a second or so, every so often. I haven't really found a pattern to it. I've looked everywhere online and I see others have had audio issues with the TV. How can I fix this?

I've already changed HDMI cables, unplugged and replugged all cables, restarted all devices, and turned off a lot of auto detect settings in case they were causing an issue. What else can I do to fix this issue so I don't have to return the TV?

where sound cuts out every hour or two for a brief second whenever I am streaming.  Seems to be a problem with every streaming app such as HULU with the possbile exception of Youtube.  I called Samsung support and the person I talked to said she never heard of the the problem and suggested that I reset the TV and/or the firestick.  It sure would be nice if the Samsung moderator of this forum could provide some help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this only happen with the Firestick, or with the internal Smart Hub apps as well? Are you connected to a sound bar, or listening through the television speakers?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.