cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usery8LR91DHMt
Constellation

QN82Q60R Speaker error message

I have my Onkyo reciever hooked to QN82Q60R by HDMI.  All HDMI inputs (cable box, firestick, etc are plugged into receiver).   I have an optical going from TV to Onkyo for sound when watching the TV's Smarthub.   A message keeps popping up that says "No Speaker Detected.   Check the cable connection and the power of the unit, and properly set the source of the speaker.  Then, change the Sound Out of the TV to Audio/Out Optical."   I have tried both the optical out and internal speaker setting but the messege contiunes to appear.  Please help.

16 REPLIES 16
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QN82Q60R Speaker error message

Have you checked your PCM settings? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usery8LR91DHMt
Constellation

What am I checking for? The digita audio output is set for PCM and Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital+ are grayed out. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies I was seeing if it was activated, does this occur when just using the optical cable? Also, try just using the HDMI cable and keep us updated.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usery8LR91DHMt
Constellation

The optical cable is not in play.   The HDMI from the receiver to the HDMI 1 of the  TV is providing the picture to the TV.  The cable box is hooked up to the receiver by HDMI and the sound is coming from the receiver. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is this error appearing on the receiver or the television? What is the current software version on the television?  Does the error occur if you disconnect the optical cable? Have you tried a different optical cable? 

usery8LR91DHMt
Constellation

The error message appears on the televeision.

The current software version is 1315.

I disconnected to optical cable from the reciever and the error message continues. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a factory reset of the television? 

usery8LR91DHMt
Constellation

I have reset the TV to factory defaults, but the problem remains.2019-11-23_22-49-31.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Out of curiosity, have you tried a different optical cable?