cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Question mark stuck on lower left of screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find a way to clear this icon from the screen. It shows when watching TV or using game console, but not when playing Netflix through the app or when troubleshooting screen/picture.

UN65MU6070 3 years old, says no software update needed, no notifications. 11% free space, no idea what is using up the space. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Question mark stuck on lower left of screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send a picture of the screen?

One thing I would suggest would be a cold boot of the television.  With the television turned on, press and hold the power button until the television powers itself off and on.  Then let us know if you are still seeing the question mark.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you restart the TV?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Several times, it comes back each time

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send a picture of the screen?

One thing I would suggest would be a cold boot of the television.  With the television turned on, press and hold the power button until the television powers itself off and on.  Then let us know if you are still seeing the question mark.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJam Thank you. I tried to cold boot with the remote, but the TV didn't turn back on after 30 seconds or so. I tried with the power on the TV, but it's a joystick toggle. If I move it to power and hold the button, the TV doesn't turn off until I release it. Attached are pictures from game console and TV plus connection showing the question mark.

photos.app.goo.gl 

photos.app.goo.gl 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By chance have you turned the closed captioning on, you should be able to turn it off in the settings on the TV in the accessibility menu.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I verified closed caption was off. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since I was not able to cold boot the TV as described, I unplugged the power cord from the unit and let it sit for a while (nearly two hours). After plugging it back in, the persistent question mark has gone!!  Thank you for the cold boot suggestion! 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's great to hear, you are very welcome!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.