cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Remote Control stopped controlling cable box

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a TU7000 50" that had been working great for the last couple of weeks... Then the remote stopped being able to control my cable box (Spectrum Motorola/Arris dcx3600m). 

Cable box is directly connected to TV via HDMI 1. Video/audio playback is fine, just can't control with the Samsung remote anymore. I tried removing the stb from the TV and seeing back up, but gets stuck at the channel up/down part (doesn't respond) even after inputting the model number directly.

Help please!

Note10+, TU7000
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Remote Control stopped controlling cable box

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You'll likely need to place the cable box closer to the TV so that the cable box can receive IR commands that are being sent from the TV. From there, you can go through the setup steps again and check the channel up/down test.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would contact Spectrum to verify that the cable box is updated on their side. If it is, I would suggest repairing the remote to the cable box. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You'll likely need to place the cable box closer to the TV so that the cable box can receive IR commands that are being sent from the TV. From there, you can go through the setup steps again and check the channel up/down test.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Started about 2 weeks ago. Spectrum says it's a Samsung problem, Samsung says it's a Spectrum problem. My Spectrum box is a Motorola DCH 3416. Nothing changed with the TV (no software update, etc). My guess is that Spectrum updated firmware on the cable box and caused the problem. Getting newer model Spectrum box tomorrow. Hope it fixes the problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing has happened to me as well. It happened all of a sudden on Friday. We just got the tv TU7000 (55") in the begining of July, and it was working fine in the weeks prior connected the an Arris Spectrum210A cable box. It's is crazy because it was working just fine. No problems at all, but since Friday it's been like the TV knows that it is connected to a Spectrum box, and the Spectrum box knows it's connected to a Samsung tv; but neither remote will control the other device. I have reset the cable box and have spoken to Spectrum tech support to trouble shoot. I've also did a factory reset on the tv but still can not get the tv to recognize the Spectrum box. I even entered the Spectrum model number manually, and I have spoken to Samsung tech support. Samsung is sending a new remote, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Was there an update that happened to may have caused this?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That happened to me with my cable box.  I had to go to universal remote setup again and set up the cable box as a new device.  Works like a charm again.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Eccs this is exactly what my Spectrum box suddenly did. It's so frustrating. Did you figure it out?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It was frustrating because after a couple of weeks my Samsung remote suddenly stopped changing channels or showing Spectrum menu. I tried many things and finally this is what fixed it for me: 
1- disconnected the the cable on HDMI1 on tv/tv connector (if that is the connection coming from Spectrum box)
2- disconnected the power on Spectrum cable box so it turns off
3- Turned off TV
Wait a couple of minutes and then
4- connect power to Spectrum cable box so it restart (make sure it is on)
5- connect the cable on HDMI1 slot back 
6- turn on tv using the Samsung remote. the tv will try to find HDMI1 connection automatically
7- you need to confirm with the menu that channel-up and channel-down is working

(you may have to type the provider "Spectrum" at step 6)

You are set. 
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having a similar issue with my Samsung tv that I purchased a month ago using an Optimum SMTC-5320 Samsung cable box. I think it happened when they updated firmware. They released another new firmware 9/23 but it didn't fix the issue. I actually returned the first tv and got a another one. Same issue after the firmware update. Have you been able to resolve your issue?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here... stopped working in august 2-3 weeks after buying the tv. Samsung sent a tech to me to troubleshoot the problem as spending more than 4 hours on the phone with Samsung tech support. I suspected the tv, but it's clear to me that it is something spectrum did on their end. Neither remote works on the other device, and the SmartThings app is now dumb! Oddly enough the spectrum cable box is also a Samsung product. Spectrum and Samsung tech support are both clueless and have no known "fix" for this issue.