JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote Control stopped controlling cable box

(Topic created: 10-18-2020 07:41 AM)
Eccs
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a TU7000 50" that had been working great for the last couple of weeks... Then the remote stopped being able to control my cable box (Spectrum Motorola/Arris dcx3600m). 

Cable box is directly connected to TV via HDMI 1. Video/audio playback is fine, just can't control with the Samsung remote anymore. I tried removing the stb from the TV and seeing back up, but gets stuck at the channel up/down part (doesn't respond) even after inputting the model number directly.

Help please!

Note10+, TU7000, S22 Ultra
67 Replies
HeavyHardDrive
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The same thing has happened to me as well. It happened all of a sudden on Friday. We just got the tv TU7000 (55") in the begining of July, and it was working fine in the weeks prior connected the an Arris Spectrum210A cable box. It's is crazy because it was working just fine. No problems at all, but since Friday it's been like the TV knows that it is connected to a Spectrum box, and the Spectrum box knows it's connected to a Samsung tv; but neither remote will control the other device. I have reset the cable box and have spoken to Spectrum tech support to trouble shoot. I've also did a factory reset on the tv but still can not get the tv to recognize the Spectrum box. I even entered the Spectrum model number manually, and I have spoken to Samsung tech support. Samsung is sending a new remote, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Was there an update that happened to may have caused this?

Samsung_7QmAlJi
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That happened to me with my cable box.  I had to go to universal remote setup again and set up the cable box as a new device.  Works like a charm again.

userjcYmMAFG9Q
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@Eccs this is exactly what my Spectrum box suddenly did. It's so frustrating. Did you figure it out?

userdMUFueX9mK
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
It was frustrating because after a couple of weeks my Samsung remote suddenly stopped changing channels or showing Spectrum menu. I tried many things and finally this is what fixed it for me: 
1- disconnected the the cable on HDMI1 on tv/tv connector (if that is the connection coming from Spectrum box)
2- disconnected the power on Spectrum cable box so it turns off
3- Turned off TV
Wait a couple of minutes and then
4- connect power to Spectrum cable box so it restart (make sure it is on)
5- connect the cable on HDMI1 slot back 
6- turn on tv using the Samsung remote. the tv will try to find HDMI1 connection automatically
7- you need to confirm with the menu that channel-up and channel-down is working

(you may have to type the provider "Spectrum" at step 6)

You are set. 
Members_h1as2Lv
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same issue also.  Our TU7000 tv worked great with the Spectrum supplied DTA 170HD cable converter box for the first few weeks, and as of sometime recently, the ability to change the channel on the cable box using the Samsung remote stopped working.  We tried different positions and orientations of the cable box relative to the TV with no success.   We also tried the disconnecting / powering off / reconnecting steps mentioned earlier in tbe thread with no luck.

0 Likes
userVkWG57R6YD
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having a similar issue with my Samsung tv that I purchased a month ago using an Optimum SMTC-5320 Samsung cable box. I think it happened when they updated firmware. They released another new firmware 9/23 but it didn't fix the issue. I actually returned the first tv and got a another one. Same issue after the firmware update. Have you been able to resolve your issue?

userKCllvFunex
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same thing here... stopped working in august 2-3 weeks after buying the tv. Samsung sent a tech to me to troubleshoot the problem as spending more than 4 hours on the phone with Samsung tech support. I suspected the tv, but it's clear to me that it is something spectrum did on their end. Neither remote works on the other device, and the SmartThings app is now dumb! Oddly enough the spectrum cable box is also a Samsung product. Spectrum and Samsung tech support are both clueless and have no known "fix" for this issue. 

0 Likes
user8aCQYP7VJJ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same problem as everyone else on this post.  I have a TU7000 65"  It worked great for 2 1/2 months.  I was bragging about how intuative the setup was and how easy it was to get everything to work together. Suddenly it stopped controlling the Cox cable box.  I went through all  of the solutions mentioned here.  It actually does work but only from 4 feet or less.  My couch is 15 feet from TV and the exact ame set up worked for 2 1/2 months.  I had told my wife that I was goning to start buying all Samsung because of how easy setup was.  Does anyone know if Samsung monitors this group?  Are they working on firmware to fix this?  Do they care are are they denying the problem?

I hadnt tried the post marked as the soluition since my remote worked for 2 1/2 months.  I moved the cable box to the same level as the TV and all works now.  I am not sure what changed but problem solved.

0 Likes
users2UbHYwq7c
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I too this problem with my Samsung tu7000 and spectrum cable box dcx3510-m.
Remote was working fine up until a few weeks ago after I updated  to firmware 1401

Now the cable box comes up as unknown. Which explains why the remote stopped working since the tv doesn't recognize the cable box anymore 

This seems to be a common issue others are having after updating the firmware. I was hoping Ver 1410 which was JUST released on 11/4 was going to fix this but it doesn't

I'm bummed, I really liked  using  Samsung's oneremote as my main to control the cable, apps and tv

Samsung better patch this in the next firmware update

usercElJfVw1MQ
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same problem with a TU7000, cable box stopped working, any news on a fix?