JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote Control stopped controlling cable box

(Topic created: 02-27-2021 11:55 AM)
Eccs
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a TU7000 50" that had been working great for the last couple of weeks... Then the remote stopped being able to control my cable box (Spectrum Motorola/Arris dcx3600m). 

Cable box is directly connected to TV via HDMI 1. Video/audio playback is fine, just can't control with the Samsung remote anymore. I tried removing the stb from the TV and seeing back up, but gets stuck at the channel up/down part (doesn't respond) even after inputting the model number directly.

Help please!

Note10+, TU7000, S22 Ultra
67 Replies
userqBr1sIBGwM
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Super frustrating

0 Likes
usergebFgaLoyu
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Experiencing the same issue. The remote was able to control the cable box for about a week before it stopped working.
This thread shouldn't be marked as solved until this issue is properly resolved.

Model: 2020 Crystal UHD TV ( UN50TU7000FXZA )

Firmware: 1420.0

Cable Box: Bell Fibe - Arris VIP 2502

walter81
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just bought my first smart tv, a ue50tu7005kxxc. 

Awesome tv, love everything about it. When I finished configuring it, the tv had automatically detected my tv box an Arris vip2262e v2 from the MEO Tv provider. The tv even added the MEO logo to the sources.

It worked 3 days. Then, while using the tv, it disappeared. I even say the MEO logo being removed from the sources. 

I tryed to reset the tv to the default settings and restart the configuration from the beginning. I also performed a reset to the box, without success. None of those actions solved the problem. 

No updates had been done.

userMZKNTSQbrF
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I finally succumbed to my first Samsung..... They should be recognizing the problem and be working on a fix even if not yet available. 

No acknowledgement of an issue is negligent.

Samsung need to restore faith

walter81
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I hope so. All my tvs and monitor are samsung. But that one is my first smart tv. I hope they fix the problem quickly so I can fully enjoy my tv 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usergebFgaLoyu
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is Samsung’s response? Unacceptable.
There’s clearly a large number of customers experiencing this issue and they’ve yet to acknowledge it. 

walter81
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey, 

No problem I can copy paste the content of my message a million time. Just want the problem to be fixed and I go away. 

For all European fellas in this tread you can subscribe to the european version of this problem here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/my-tv-stopped-recognizing-the-meo-box-with-no-reason-gone-fro...

Hope to see this problem fixed ASAP in both sides of the world. 

bests

0 Likes
userTRDhisQLRV
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
purchased my tv in Novemeber of 2020 and the remote was working fine until 1/21/21. For some reason the remote stopped working with the cable box. I reached out to Samsung and spent approx. 2 hours on the phone going through all of the troubleshooting steps that were provided, however, these did not fix the problem. I was told to contact my cable provider to see if there was an update sent that could have stopped the remote from working with the cable box. Prior to ending the call, I was provided with a ticket number, was told that the issue was escalated, and was informed that if the issue wasn't from the cable provider then I would most likely be given a newer model TV from the company.

I then contacted my cable provider, who informed me that they did not send any updates, but attempted to remotley update my cable box in an attempt to rectify the issue. After an hour of working on this situation, the issue was not fixed.

I contacted Samsung once again ( on 1/23/21) and was provided with another ticket number and was informed that the techs would come to my house to work on the problem. The techs arrived today (1/29/21) and they were unable to solve the problem. After I was informed that they were unable to provide a solution, they informed me that they updated my information in their system which prompted me to call Samsung, once again, in an attempt to fix the issue.

The last Samsung rep I spoke with today attempted to take me through the same steps that I went through on my FIRST call to Samsung. If my data/information was updated, then why would this rep attempt to take me through the same steps that did not rectify the situation to begin with???? I asked the rep to refer to my original reference/ticket number (which should have been escalated) but was informed that that ticket had been closed. Why would that ticket have been closed when the issue was never resolved?!?!

When I informed the rep of what had transpired in the original call to Samsung, I was told that he would contact the service pros regarding my issue. If the Samsung techs, who were at my house, could not fix the problem, how would the this department be able to fix the situation??

From this thread it can be clearly observed that this issue is an on-going and known issue, however, Samsung has YET TO ADDRESS OR PROVIDE A SOLUTION TO FIX THIS ISSUE. Why is it that the customer service reps are comfortable with giving you the run around withought actually providing a solution?

As a corporation, this is highly unacceptable and it clearly shows that customer service/satisfaction is not one of their top concerns. As an avid Samsung product user, this is extremly disheartening and makes me entertain the thought about leaving Samsung products for a company that values the concerns of their customers and provides adequate customer service.
userRHz3dKhcfm
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Having the same issue, purchased 50" TU7000 2 weeks ago. remote controlled Spectrum cable box until 2 days ago, stopped overnight. Have a 55" TU71000 as well, that remote still works with Spectrum cable box (different cable box, same model). Frustrating as universal control was a big selling point.