Original topic:

Remote stopped controlling TV, only cable box

(Topic created on: 2/9/21 6:16 AM)
userl73PD9KBjD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The remote on my Series 8 has stopped pulling up the controls for the TV, and will only pull up the cable box controls (Fios).  If I press the home button, the TV makes the noise like its working, but the TV home screen/smart hub will not pull up.  I have taken out the batteries, re-paired the remote, unplugged the cable box. Nothing caused the remote to start interacting with the television again.  I thought maybe I should try to factory reset the television, but I realized without the remote, it might be a pain trying to reset it (I know, its not impossible).  But I guess I was looking for a possible solution before doing the reset.  

Any help here please????

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried taking the batteries out of the remote and holding down the power button for at least 10 seconds to reset the remote? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes