JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remove pre installed apps

(Topic created: 11-01-2023 12:32 PM)
Yuth12
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

How do we remove pre installed apps from samsung smart TV? The delete option is disabled and I really need to remove YouTube from my smart TV. Locking the app is not enough for my needs. Specifically we have small children in the house and we do not want them to consume random content on YouTube. Please samsung this is urgent. The inability to choose which apps we want to keep on our smart TV is taking away the freedom of choice and that after paying so much for the TV. It's like we paid this huge amount for our freedom to be taken away. Clearly this message is from a parent who is feeling very helpless. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Unfortunately each tv has partnerships with streaming apps ect. Then Depending upon what model Samsung tv you have depends on amount of storage. However you should definitely have enough room for more than one app. Hdmi connected streaming products are a great way to add more apps. Keep in mind anything saved to your tv uses storage. Photos apps ect delete anything possible. The tv needs very little storage to download a app. It might be easier to start over. By doing a manufacturer reset of your tv to clear everything and start fresh. To do a manufacturer reset in your tvs settings go to reset and input 0000. This will put your tv back to out of the box status but will erase everything including settings ect. Otherwise go through storage management under settings and support the storage management and clear all catche for any downloaded app and delete anything you can.

View solution in context

5 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Some apps are built in and pay to be on your tv. Those cannot be deleted. Any app that can be has the delete under the app in storage management. But don't worry Samsung provides you with parental lock settings simply go to settings then go to parental settings then go to parental lock click on app lock settings set up your pin and lock YouTube. Enjoy 20231101_130753_1000005691_1698869275.jpg20231101_130808_1000005692_1698869290.jpg
usermxsztATDEb
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Here's my situation. Samsung has so many apps on my TV that I can't delete, I can't install any apps I want on it. I've got one, YouTube TV. I can't install any more, no more memory available. Amazon FireTV stick is plugged in to the USB port. Samsung has ten apps installed I can't get rid of that I will NEVER use. What gives?

Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Unfortunately each tv has partnerships with streaming apps ect. Then Depending upon what model Samsung tv you have depends on amount of storage. However you should definitely have enough room for more than one app. Hdmi connected streaming products are a great way to add more apps. Keep in mind anything saved to your tv uses storage. Photos apps ect delete anything possible. The tv needs very little storage to download a app. It might be easier to start over. By doing a manufacturer reset of your tv to clear everything and start fresh. To do a manufacturer reset in your tvs settings go to reset and input 0000. This will put your tv back to out of the box status but will erase everything including settings ect. Otherwise go through storage management under settings and support the storage management and clear all catche for any downloaded app and delete anything you can.
mike42042071281
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Try a USB splitter so you can power the firestick and external storage. I would make sure the splitter supports USB 3.0 and your storage comes with a separaterate power connection. You can grab them online for a couple of dollars. That's just a suggestion. I ran into a similar situation with another brand tv
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Go to the apps tab, then find the app, if you're able to delete it, you will find it in the app's options there.