JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Reset Button Greyed Out

(Topic created: 05-06-2023 05:21 PM)
Aashish
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have 2019 RU8000 samsung 55 inch tv. I was trying to reset my tv and Reset button is greyed out. I tried everything like closing all the apps and resetting network and resetting smart hub. But still no luck. Even broadcast setting is grayed out. Can anyone help me with this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey there. I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Let's get this situated as soon as possible. 

When a menu setting is grayed out, this does not mean that something is wrong with your TV. It just means that a function or a particular setting is not available based on the current source, setting, or connections.

For example, if your Samsung TV is not connected to the Internet, the settings for Software Update or Contact Support will be grayed out since those options require an Internet connection

Note: Many times, if a setting is grayed out, it is because a streaming app is running in the background, such as Hulu or Netflix. Close out the app and the setting should become available.

The Reset TV option will be grayed out if you are currently using an App on your TV. A TV reset cannot happen if an app is running. Close the app you are using, and navigate to TV Plus or any HDMI source. The option to perform a TV reset should now be available.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey there. I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Let's get this situated as soon as possible. 

When a menu setting is grayed out, this does not mean that something is wrong with your TV. It just means that a function or a particular setting is not available based on the current source, setting, or connections.

For example, if your Samsung TV is not connected to the Internet, the settings for Software Update or Contact Support will be grayed out since those options require an Internet connection

Note: Many times, if a setting is grayed out, it is because a streaming app is running in the background, such as Hulu or Netflix. Close out the app and the setting should become available.

The Reset TV option will be grayed out if you are currently using an App on your TV. A TV reset cannot happen if an app is running. Close the app you are using, and navigate to TV Plus or any HDMI source. The option to perform a TV reset should now be available.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location