cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Revisit HDMI-ARC Inoperable 2017 MU800 Series

Hello. I have read every thread on this topic and not located a definitive solution so am posting to see if there has been an update. I have a UN65MU800 series TV purchased in 2017 and a new Pioneer Elite AVR. The HDMI-ARC function is not operating properly with the return audio to the AVR. I have my Verizon cable box routed through the AVR to the #4 port on the TV One Connect and can hear that audio, but when I switch the source on the TV to a native source such as Netflix, Prime, etc. it does not return that audio to the AVR. An attached TOSLink cable to the AVR works but of course the sound quality and format options are limited as compared to HDMI.

I have powered everything down, swapped cables, reset both TV and AVR, turned ANYNet on and off, verified the latest firmware (1280.5), etc., with no joy. I tested the AVR with another TV (Sony Bravia) and the HDMI-ARC function works flawlessly.

Any new guidance on how to address this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Revisit HDMI-ARC Inoperable 2017 MU800 Series

I had a similar issue with a 65" SUHD LED LCD UN65KS800D TV that i purchased back in 2016 in conjunction with my Yamaha TSR-7810 AVR.    The first symptom was that after months of working great, i would lose audio from the Samsung TV apps (Netflix, Prime) or a Bluray player that was connected to ONE Connect box on TV, then routed to Yamaha AVR via ARC.   After fiddling with everything, including swapping out HDMI cables, trying different ports, trying to reconnect the devices using different configuration, a simple unplugging of the TV from the wall outlet eventually solved the issue.   I believe there is some Samsung TV SW defect in the ARC signal between the TV and AVR that is the issue, but can't confirm.   TV will lose its mind occasionally again for no reason, and i go through the same procedure to eventually fix it.    But i do believe its a Samsung issue to fix.   Just my $0.02

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Revisit HDMI-ARC Inoperable 2017 MU800 Series

Thanks for your note. Very similar circumstances for my setup. I originally had the TV paired with a Sony STR DN850 and it worked well for ~2 years. About 6 months ago the ARC function simply stopped working. I swapped out the Sony with a Pioneer VSX-LX303 and that didn't work either. I have scoured this board and others and your solution, to power everything down, wait for 10 minutes for volatile RAM to erase and then power back up was fairly common but it has not corrected my problem. I've tried several other things and unfortunately none fixes the issue. Looks like I'm stuck with a 'dumb' TV that only effectively works with a single HDMI input from my AVR.