SAMSUNG TV and Soundbar, ARC, Audio stops working

(Topic created: 01-29-2023 07:51 PM)
petegooch
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

TV: UN65NU8000
Soundbar: HW-N550

Turn on TV, soundbar calls out that it's using ARC, audio works just fine for a while.
Eventually (maybe hours or even days later), the audio suddenly stops.  No errors or any other indication that something has gone wrong.  TV seems to think it's still using the soundbar.  Power cycling soundbar has no effect.  Unplugging HDMI and replugging HDMI cable, however, does work for a while.
I've tried different cables, including a newer cable that has been working great for a 4K BluRay player, but the problem persists.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Does your TV have the option to completely disable the TV speakers? There may be a conflict.

Unplugging and replugging the hdmi cable getting it to work for a while, but different cables doing the same thing, may indicate a bad port on either the TV or soundbar.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Does your TV have the option to completely disable the TV speakers? There may be a conflict.

Unplugging and replugging the hdmi cable getting it to work for a while, but different cables doing the same thing, may indicate a bad port on either the TV or soundbar.
petegooch
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm not aware of any setting to disable the speakers, however the TV usually shuts off the speakers if I select a different audio device.  The port has been used successfully in the past for other devices.

I hadn't considered that the port may be bad.  I'll take a look after work.  I'm only just now trying to switch from optical to ARC, so I would hope that the port on the soundbar isn't bad, but there could certainly be an issue with the port on the TV.

Thank you for the idea!

0 Likes