JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SERIOUS DEFECT that should warrant a RECALL: Samsung 50" Smart TVs

(Topic created: 08-13-2021 09:43 AM)
userCJieI5SPRS
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I wanted to make you aware of a known issue (according to Google) with the Samsung 50" Smart TVs. This was given to me as a Christmas gift 5 years ago and understand this is out of warranty, however, due to the safety issue, I wanted to provide some supporting information.

If Samsung is aware of this issue and doing "nothing" to alert customers to it, the liability could be very high. Attached are pictures of the model and damage done to your 50" TV as a direct result of what seems to be a very serious defect! Thankfully I caught it in time before any personal injury or FIRE erupted! I would have thought Samsung would be a bit more proactive to notify the public about this defect vs. taking the risk of the personal injury and property damage that could surface.

The DEFECT is that the TV recently started to flicker/screen flashing bright and then there was the odor of burnt plastic caused from the heat the TV is generating from the inside. The burnt plastic is the frame melting away from the screen which was extremely hot and burnt my thumb when I went to reposition the TV.

I hope you take this seriously!Samsung-TV.jpg

<IMAGE HIDDEN>

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I apologize for your experience. Please send the following information to this PM Link, and I will review your case.

Place of purchase:
Copy of Purchase Receipt:     (can be sent to samsungcommunity@sea.samsung.com with reference #38734827 in the subject line)
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number: 
Email Address: 
Preferred method to be reached (SMS, email, or phone):

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I apologize for your experience. Please send the following information to this PM Link, and I will review your case.

Place of purchase:
Copy of Purchase Receipt:     (can be sent to samsungcommunity@sea.samsung.com with reference #38734827 in the subject line)
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number: 
Email Address: 
Preferred method to be reached (SMS, email, or phone):

Braha
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
My TV started flashing white in the middle of the night. It wasn't even on
It was in standby. We unplugged it last week. Upon plugging it in today is doing the same thing and won't power up, the red light blinks at the same rate as the screen.