Original topic:

Samsung 43" TU 7000 does not recognize Direct TV box

(Topic created: 03-04-2022 04:32 PM)
userO2TBheQRlt
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a new 43" TU 7000. I have attached my Direct TV satellite box to it with an HDMI cable. The TV does not recognize the device. I have tried both HDMI input ports, and all of the suggestions offered in the discussion stream: "Samsung remote not detecting Directv receiver". None of the solutions offered solved the problem for me, nor apparently for anyone else in the discussion. The TV allows the input from the box to pass through the HDMI port without recognizing the device, so I can make it all work if I use two remotes: one for the TV and the other for the Direct TV box. None of this was a problem for my last Samsung TV which was set up in exactly the same way. There seem to be a lot of people googling the same issue, so I am wondering if it is a compatibility issue that cannot be solved. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
3 Replies
userKK1u2qgJIO
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Having the same problem on a 7000 series 55” TV, can’t control the Directv channels or other things. Hoping Samsung has a solution. 

0 Likes
userwQ92VmfEUe
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I also have the same problem trying to control my Direct TV with my Samsung Universal Remote BN59-01315J. Help please.

0 Likes
WallStreetWolf
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the Samsung Smart TU7000FXZA 60" , remote BN59-01315J remote. I also have DIRECTV,  with genie 2, that has both the tower, and separate receiver. From all the trouble shooting I've done, the Genie remote is an RF remote and the Samsung remote is IR and from everything I've found aren't interchangeable. 

Now I was able to program the DIRECTV remote to turn off the TV and control the volume, but that's all it's capable of. When I'm watching DIRECTV I don't really need the Samsung remote for anything unless a picture adjustment, or other type of adjustment needs to be made. The DIRECTV remote doesn't have those capabilities. 

I searched and found nothing that showed the Samsung Smart remote would control the DIRECTV receiver, or could be paired. But I'm still searching and if I find something I'll update this answer. 

0 Likes