cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Samsung 4k UHD TV turning on & off every 2 seconds

My 50 inch 4k TV is 6 months old. Last night, it started turning itself on and off every 2 seconds. There are threads about this issue dating back years so I know it is a problem of which Samsung is aware and none of the suggested fixes work. 

i was able to hold the power on the tv last night long enough to use the remote and disable anynet, replaced the batteries, disconnected all hdmi devices, rebooted everything in the house, finally unplugged the tv and went to sleep. i plugged it in this morning and it's going on and off like a Christmas light -- won't stay on, won't stay off. 

i loved this tv, but am left with an annoying piece of junk that i bought on December 14, 2019. it's July 1, 2020. how can i fix this or get it replaced?

very disappointed in Samsung for allowing this problem to persist unaddressed

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung 4k UHD TV turning on & off every 2 seconds

Hi, I had the same problem.. Had called Samsung and they sent me up with a Tech and Saturday he fixed the problem.. It was my Hub Box, u may need a replacement because my Television is now fixed.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung 4k UHD TV turning on & off every 2 seconds

Glad to hear it. I'm actually thinking i may be lucky that this happened within the one-year warranty period. they're sending a tech on Friday so hopefully that'll resolve my issue as well.