JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 50 inch tv disconnects from my network

(Topic created: 05-17-2023 01:28 PM)
Members_qE7BXmI
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung 50 inch HD TV constantly disconnects from the internet daily and has to be unplugged to reconnect. Only device in my house that does this.

4 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
How old is your wifi router? Is it a 2.5g or 5g? It may be time to update it. Have you kept the router's firmware up to date?
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
But before you replace it, remove it, then reinstall it from/on the SmartThings app. Ensuring that both your phone and TV use the same Wi-fi connection. My router has both a 2.5g and a 5g band. Some items in home can't use a 5g connection, so I have to swap to the 2.5g on my phone to connect them, then I can swap back to the faster 5g and it all works fine. My Samsung TV is good on the 5g.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
If your TV requires a 5g connection, but is connect to a 2.5g signal, then it's going to cut out at some point.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there @Members_qE7BXmI

Along with the other troubleshooting that has been mentioned in this thread, I also have a couple of suggestions from a similar experience.  First would be a wired connection to the router if possible.  If that can't be done, you'll need to set your television as a priority device on your network.  That's what I ended up doing and my television hasn't disconnected since!

If you need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to send us a DM!