Original topic:

Samsung 58" Class TU7000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV -- keep losing wifi connection

(Topic created on: 11/4/20 6:41 AM)
useraoSGvqo91E
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

For some reason, our new TV keeps losing its connection to our wireless network.  I have to go into settings, reset the network and reenter our wifi password, upon which the connection is successfully reset.  This happens pretty much daily, and sometimes several times a day.  It's a real pain in the butt when I just want to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime, but have to go through this 5-minute process almost each time.  Sometimes it even "reconnects" itself to the wifi if I just wait a while and try again.  Our router sits right next to the television, so I know it's not an issue of poor signal strength.  Any thoughts/suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Kamikashir0
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I would suggest that you do some reading up on wireless networking.

If your TV is sitting right next to your wireless router, then of course you're going to have problems as it's too close.

Right now, it's more like opening a firehydrant full blast and holdind a garden hose with the end sideways in the water stream. you'll get water, but it'll keep getting kicked out.

You're better off using a direct ethernet connection in this case, maybe a cat-8 cable that is just long enough to use without kinking it.

Things that will affect wifi signals:

Using wifi too close to wifi router or access point.

Congested wifi trafic - too many in area.

Signal interference from other items too close to wifi router or access point such as florescent light.

Walls or buildings between you and wifi. Brick, cement, stone, metal and even wood all have effect to varying degrees.

I have an ASUS RT-AX88U running Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
(3rd party developer for ASUS)
0 Likes