cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung 58" Class TU7000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV -- picture quality issues?

So I just purchased the above TV through the Samsung Insiders program.  It's a fine TV, especially at the discounted price, and has a lot of handy and convenient features.  But... this TV replaced an older Samsung model (a 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV -- UN55JS7000, 2015 model) and I can't help but feel like the new TV is a pretty noticeable downgrade in picture quality compared to the older Samsung model.  Images aren't as crisp, colors aren't as vibrant and it has more of a "washed out" look compared to the clarity and vibrancy of the 2015 Samsung TV.  Especially if the screen is viewed from any angle whatsoever (i.e., other than directly facing it).

I posted my review stating such on the Insiders web site and was told to seek out advice from Samsung before finalizing it, as perhaps I need to change something in my setup (though I have adjusted and readjusted all available picture settings for several days now.)

Again, I like so much about the TV... the built-in apps, the user interface, the universal remote, etc.  Just a little disappointed in the picture quality, as I expected it to be at least as good as the 5-year-old TV it was replacing.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or is it just a difference in display types/model quality?