cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung 58" Class TU7000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV -- picture quality issues?

So I just purchased the above TV through the Samsung Insiders program.  It's a fine TV, especially at the discounted price, and has a lot of handy and convenient features.  But... this TV replaced an older Samsung model (a 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV -- UN55JS7000, 2015 model) and I can't help but feel like the new TV is a pretty noticeable downgrade in picture quality compared to the older Samsung model.  Images aren't as crisp, colors aren't as vibrant and the picture just has more of a "washed out" look compared to the clarity and vibrancy of the 2015 Samsung TV.  Especially if the screen is viewed from any angle whatsoever (i.e., other than directly facing it).

I posted my review stating such on the Insiders web site and was told to seek out advice from Samsung before finalizing it, as perhaps I need to change something in my setup (though I have adjusted and readjusted all available picture settings for several days now.)

Again, I like so much about the TV... the built-in apps, the user interface, the universal remote, etc.  Just a little disappointed in the picture quality, as I expected it to be at least as good as the 5-year-old TV it was replacing.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or is it just a difference in display types/model quality?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung 58" Class TU7000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV -- picture quality issues?

I am currently on the fence with this purchase.... I too have a 2015 4K UHD that I wish to upgrade. It concerns me that the cost of my old (by terms of the way technology keeps progressing!) 4K UHD was significantly higher than these modern so called "newer, better". I tried to justify that as 4K just being more available vs being latest advent... like 8K !
Your report of lesser picture quality has me debating on "upgrading"!!!
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung 58" Class TU7000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV -- picture quality issues?

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine TV and the picture is actually really good... it's just not *quite* as impressive as our older Samsung.  If I weren't comparing the two though, I'd probably never have realized the picture quality could be a little better.  Otherwise, I'm very happy with it.