Original topic:

Samsung 6 Series remote control problems

(Topic created: 05-18-2021 01:52 PM)
bigben56
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm having many issues regarding remote control input, especially the mysterious "enter" button. I can type in my wi-fi password with a usb keyboard but not without one. No on-screen keyboard appears. When I click "enter" (ok) button, it doesn't do anything on the remote nor the keyboard, which does work on some menu areas, but not the ENTER (OK) button. So I use wired ethernet to at least connect online. I tried resetting the smart hub (hah!) but now when I go to Apps, I have to accept the terms & policy button before I can access them, BUT when I click it, nothing happens so I cannot access the apps now. The volume control only goes up 2 or 3 clicks and no more. Now it's stuck on 10. The mute volume icon is constantly flashing on-screen, even though is it not muted. We bought a brand new Samsung remote last month which worked for a couple of weeks but are having the same exact issues as the old one did. The TV screen images are fine across cable/live tv/ps4, it's just this **bleep** remote. Many of the buttons in settings menu cannot be activated, they just stay grey when clicking on them (the ones that turn green when they are ON) but you can hear the little tone it makes when clicking them.  I've tried resetting the remote and tv to no avail. I have the latest firmware update afaik. I'd hate to toss this TV, as the images on screen are fine and it's the 2017 model.  I've tried the manual control button on the back of TV to use the "enter" button to no avail also. Any help or advice/tips will be greatly appreciatated!

Samsung Model UN55MU6300 55 inch Series 6

Software version T-KTMAKUC-1290.3, BT-S

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please make sure you're not pressing too hard to on the enter button where it shows the cursor on the screen. To keep your TV in optimum condition, upgrade to the latest software. Use the Update Now or Auto Update functions on the TV's menu ( > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now or Auto Update).

Also, you can factory reset the Tv: 

1. Open Settings, and then select General.

2. Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.

3. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.

4. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self DiagnosisReset will be located in that menu. You can also check the user manual for exact instructions for your TV model.

If none of this works I recommend reaching out to our remote management department at 1-800-Samsung 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
bigben56
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I do have the latest software version & I did reset the TV. This causes the "accept user & policy" agreement to appear, then clicking on it does nothing, even with a usb keyboard. I've tried lightly clicking on the buttons too. You can hear the faint tone when clicking it, remote or keyboard, but it does not register, therefore I cannot accept the agreement nor use any app at all. I see a few others here are having remote control/volume issues with the same/similiar tv's too. I'm beginning to think its inherent in the soft or hardware. I cannot find any solutions. The TV is a 2017 model and has good images.

0 Likes
bigben56
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I've tried most every solution on here to no avail. I read a post where a user said it's the bad software causing the hardware to malfunction, as in it costs $300+ for a hardware (mainboard) fix, which I'm beginning to realize that's just what it likely is, since I do have the latest software update version T-KTMAKUC-1290.3, BT-S and there's many users experiencing the same problems. My main gripe right now is clicking on the SETUP button that appears after resetting the smart hub to accept the terms and conditions. You can clearly see & hear the cursor moving & clicking on SETUP to go to it but it simply closes or does nothing, hence no access to any and all apps. Of the handful of times I was able to navigate & click on "AGREE TO ALL"  ticked box, then the OK button, it simply closes. So frustrating. I'm not going to pay to have the hardware replaced if it is the software.

Is there a Samsung CSR I can contact & actually talk to, even if the TV is out of warranty? Thanks

0 Likes