JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 60" - TU700D Series - Screen Separation - HORRIBLE Cust Service

(Topic created: 10-17-2022 03:35 PM)
MsCheleT
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am on the phone trying to get my tv fixed - been trying to get it fixed for 3 weeks now. They keep setting up repair tickets and then canceling them - I'm on my 3rd ticket now. The first one got cancelled out of the blue with no warning - no call .. I was sitting at home waiting for the tech to come.  I called the tech - because we were 30mins past the scheduled appoint with no word from anyone -they informed me it was cancelled - no warning ... no reason .. just canceled. No one knew how or why it was canceled so I had to go back through Samsung Pro's to set up another ticket. Now with the next ticket (mind you I had to waste more of my time on the phone - more than 30 mins) after that ticket was set up -- I got a call from the tech services saying there would be a charge (mind you there was no charges mentioned with the first appointment)  OH .. forgot to mention that this was the 2nd time this had to be fixed - they came out in April and fixed it with no problem at NO CHARGE. When I said there was no charge for this exact issue a few months ago - there was no charge - they told me they would look into it. Within a few hours I received and email and a text telling me the ticket was again cancelled. I decided to cool off and call on Monday. So I called again and again my time was stolen - at this point when I call the autobot greets me by name. After about 40 mins we I finally get someone that understands my issue - the issue - the screen as it was back in April is separating from the tv - as I see here and on other sites that this is a common issue. Same issue 5 months later and now there is a charge - they keep saying there is damage to the screen - there is no damage - this tv has been hanging in the same spot untouched since the tech helped me put it back up on the wall in April.  The Service Pro understands .. says he has made notes to  write this up because from the pics I've sent - he can tell there is no damage. NOT an hour later I get an email saying the ticket is yet again cancelled. I get a text the next day (saturday) saying the same. 

So here I set again on hold with a service pro - what damage .. I just want to know what damage that is causing the techs to what to charge me all kinds of crazy money to fix what they fixed months ago for free. I had to keep asking for a manager -- (which I asked for when I first started the conversation) Finally the manager after being brought up to speed told me what the "damage" was .... it's not that they are saying that I somehow damaged my tv .... these slimy people have CHANGED their warranty. This issue is now considered PHYSICAL DAMAGE and is NOT covered under the warranty.   

I swear I will NEVER BUY another samsung product because of things like this --- this issue is a known issue and instead of standing behind the product - they weasel out of fixing an issue that will continue to happen to any tv that is mounted and tilted on the wall.  #DO YOUR RESEACH ... if I had looked for complaints on this tv and saw all that I see even here on their own page .. I would have never brought this tv.... 

I will be putting this and my pictures on any site that will let me ... because folks need to know .. to fix this issue will cost upwards of $300 now ... the thing is just barely a year old... products are only as good as a companies customer service and support of the product .. which means these tv's are JUNK.

Michele Taylor
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with all this going on. So that I may be able to further assist you can I have your full model and serial number? Also any previous ticket numbers you may have. You can send me a private message with this information by clicking on my name and clicking send a message. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with all this going on. So that I may be able to further assist you can I have your full model and serial number? Also any previous ticket numbers you may have. You can send me a private message with this information by clicking on my name and clicking send a message. 

0 Likes