cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung 70 inch TV (model un70nu6900fxza) will not turn on

We purchased a Samsung UHD 70 inch TV last year during Black Friday (model # un70nu6900fxza) and since owning it, it will periodically refuse to turn on (eithe by the remote or the power button).  I have tried switching the power to different outlets, verified the firmware is the most recent version, reset to factory several times, etc.) and tried everything else Samsung support has suggested.   They came out and replaced the boards in the TV, and then the other day came out again and replaced the whole TV with a new one.   Unfortunately I am still having the same issue with the brand new TV.   

The TV will work fine for a few days, and then will suddenly refuse to power on.   To get the TV to power up, we have to unplug the TV for a few seconds, and then plug it back in.   We would love to wall mount the TV, but this issue makes it infeasible.   Given that I am having the same issue with two TV's, I am wondering if this is something that is an issue for this particular model.  Anyone else having this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Samsung 70 inch TV (model un70nu6900fxza) will not turn on

That is strange behavior for two Tvs to exhibit the same symptoms. I would take the Tv to a relative or friend let them use it for a couple weeks. If they don't have the same problems could be something electrical in the walls. We lived in our house for two years and started having weird intermittent power issues. Come to find out one of the sockets in the wall was wired wrong causing issues with the kitchen and master bedroom outlets.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung 70 inch TV (model un70nu6900fxza) will not turn on

It is indeed odd.  The house is brand new - built in 2019 - completed this past Feb.   So I am doubting anything electrical related.   However the Samsung engineer I was working with suspected a memory leak as the root cause.  I do not use any of the TV's 'smart' features (we have a Fire stick we use for that), but we do have a lot of home automation set up, and the TV can be controlled by our Amazon Alexa.

Curious if anyone else is seeing a similar issue with a Samsung TV and Alexa causing a memory leak.