JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Will not connect to internet!

(Topic created: 06-25-2019 12:23 PM)
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung model UN55KU6600F

The WiFi has worked fine (with minor problems occasionally) until about a week ago now it will not connect.  It shows the 2 network names I currently use on my home network and have tried both at least 15 times.  The passwords ae entered correctly (event tried the WPS option 5 times) still it will not connect.  Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried checking for any available updates? If none are shown, you can find the latest version for your model here: Link

For anyone else without this model visit: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/ You can put in your model in the search option of the page to find the latest firmware. Some may find that you have a later version than what is shown online, and if you do that is okay! It means that the site has yet to be updated with your version, and you do have the latest firmware!  For more details and steps for updating your unit via USB check out the following thread created by one of our Moderators: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Updating-your-television-via-USB/td-p/70884 

If you update the unit and the network still isn't working, please take a look at the following for more troubleshooting steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111046/  (Select the option that best represents your internet connection situation and follow the prompts)

If none of the troubleshooting steps help, the alternative is to have a service technician take a look at your unit. If you are in warranty, you can have service set up by simply reaching out to one of our moderators here, or visiting one of our support pages on Facebook or Twitter. Alternatively, you can also feel free to use Live Chat or Call in at 1-800-726-7864 as well. 

For all out-of-warranty televisions, we recommend utilizing the following link to find a local repair center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

Please like this comment if this helped you, and if you need help finding the warranty status of your unit please feel free to reach out to us at any of the support methods above. Thank you for being part of our Community! 

View solution in context

77 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried unplugging the television, modem and router for 5 minutes? What is the current software version on the television?

0 Likes
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The modem and router yes.  rebooted 4 differant times.  NOt having any issues with any of the other things on my home wifi.  I have no idea what he software vesion is or how to find that information.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please go to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung for this information.

0 Likes
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks but I have absoululty no idea on what web site that "Settings>Support>Contact Samsung" is located.  A link would be helpful.  Or is there a telphone number I can contact?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

For phone support please call 1-800-SAMSUNG.

My apologies for the confusion. Please go to Settings on the television, there will be a gear icon associated with it.

Then scroll until you see Support and click on Support.

Then Scroll until you see Contact Samsung and click on Contact Samsung.

Then scroll down until you see the Model Code and Current Software Version.

Please provide both of these. 

0 Likes
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for your response, I will look up the model code and current software version as you directed and get back to with the information.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

You are quite welcome, please keep us posted. 

0 Likes
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Herer is the information you requested (I included everything that showed up)

The model code is UN55KU6600

The Software version is T-JZL6AKUC-1233.0, BT-S

Sub-micom Version: T-JZMAKUS-1007

e-Manual Version: JZATSCK-1.2.3

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried checking for any available updates? If none are shown, you can find the latest version for your model here: Link

For anyone else without this model visit: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/ You can put in your model in the search option of the page to find the latest firmware. Some may find that you have a later version than what is shown online, and if you do that is okay! It means that the site has yet to be updated with your version, and you do have the latest firmware!  For more details and steps for updating your unit via USB check out the following thread created by one of our Moderators: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Updating-your-television-via-USB/td-p/70884 

If you update the unit and the network still isn't working, please take a look at the following for more troubleshooting steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111046/  (Select the option that best represents your internet connection situation and follow the prompts)

If none of the troubleshooting steps help, the alternative is to have a service technician take a look at your unit. If you are in warranty, you can have service set up by simply reaching out to one of our moderators here, or visiting one of our support pages on Facebook or Twitter. Alternatively, you can also feel free to use Live Chat or Call in at 1-800-726-7864 as well. 

For all out-of-warranty televisions, we recommend utilizing the following link to find a local repair center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

Please like this comment if this helped you, and if you need help finding the warranty status of your unit please feel free to reach out to us at any of the support methods above. Thank you for being part of our Community!