Original topic:

Samsung 75" smart TV does not connect to the internet

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 01:30 PM)
usereqR5Aue64C
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a QN75Q65FN TV purchased in late 2018.  I did get a warranty for all the good it does me... not!  In the last few months the TV has taken longer andf longer to connect to the internet and log into the Samsung hub or site.  It will not allow access to the apps until this is done.  First it was tens of minutes, then it became hours, now there are days when I cannot connect.  Fortunately, I use cable TV and can always watch something there.  However, I'm looking to cut the cable cord, and only strem... I can't do it with this TV and roll the dice everytime I want to watch something.  I've read all the info on the internet and tried every fix that is mentioned.  The only thing that has sped it up some is manually changing the DNS settings; I've arbitrarily chose one (1.1.1.1) and it helped.  Is there a more definate fix?  Is there a proper IP setting?  Help!

4 Replies
Cleetus
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have the exact same problem. I am confident that Samsung sent an update to gradually have the TV slow down and start having issues with connectivity.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
If the TV works OK except for the Wi-Fi look into getting a wireless bridge. The bridge connects to your router via wifi then connects to your TV via wired. This way you wouldn't have to use the TV's built in wifi at all.
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand this is frustrating. Please check that the television software is up to date, and check the steps in the following link for additional information.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111014/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Cleetus
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Software is up to date and still have connectivity issues and another issue is becoming a fast growing problem. The overall speed of the TV is noticeably slowing down. Similar to cpu being throttled down and still expected to perform its original tasks.
0 Likes