cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung 8 series TV Air issue

Hi All,

I have Samsung UN55TU8000FXZA and  i observed one strange things in this TVs, there is no CAM or CI module lot for digita TVs, and therefore there is no quality on current channels, and moreover when press in channels search instead of 100 channels it identified only 21, and quality of channels very poor. Any idea on above?

I would highly appreciate your supoort on this matter.

Thanks,

Rashad 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung 8 series TV Air issue

There generally are not 100 over the air channels. If you have a cable connection, I would recommend speaking with your service provider regarding a cable box that connects to the television via HDMI.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks a lot for reply. It is really strange why then there is no CI slot in this generation of TVs, this is something new for me, any idea why Samsung decided to release the TVs without CI module slots?

1. Do you think if i buy RF to HDMI converter will solve the problem?

2. With regard on HDMI connection, thanks i will speak with service provider.

Thanks,

Rashad 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Most new televisions are either used for internet based viewing or a cable connection via a provider. Cable providers have switched to HDMI where the Coax goes into a set top box and then HDMI goes to the television.

A converter will not solve this problem.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks again, it is clear now. I will check then with TV cable provider for HDMI solution.

One more favor from you to respond on last question to close the subject - Do you suggest to update the TV firmware each time when the new revision is in place? My concern is related with previous models of Samsung TVs which I owned in the past. As after several updates usually WI-FI connection of TV is lost and then it is really hard to recover, you have to switch to ethernet connection (if exists at home) or switch to CAST solutions via HDMI from 3rd party suppliers.

Rashad 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I do. In my experience, the updates generally fix Wi-Fi issues, not cause them. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

thank you

Highlighted
Asteroid

by the way, I use the power converter from 220 to 110 AZ with max power consumption 300W, but when i connect the sony PS4 with 4K KDMI cable to TV and play more than 3-4 hours power converter automatically turn off itself for 30 min (cool off) and then power on again. Do you think that when i connect ps4 with 4K HDMI then power consumption of TV goes higher than 300W? On back side label of TV shows typical consumption 150W, max 300W.

Thanks for your assistance!