JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Account Grayed Out

(Topic created: 08-13-2021 10:38 AM)
userlYwtlCVPkT
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am trying to access terms and conditions on my Samsung smart tv. The Samsung account is grayed out. How does one log into the Samsung account when it is greyed out. 

10 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You don't need to be logged in to view the terms and conditions, or maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you're trying to do.
0 Likes
userKSEueELzdD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Mine is doing the same thing. When I click on Samsung account I get a function unavailable. And it wont let me set up the terms  and policy. 

userlYwtlCVPkT
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

There are a lot of problems with the Samsung tvs. A lot of functions don't work. Apps, nflx, prime, hulu, tubi, etc. All don't work w/o smart hub and you can't get smart hub to work if you're not logged in. Trouble is some parts of the sfwr tell you u r logged in. Some parts tell you u r not logged in. Some parts of the sfwr ask you to log in and when u try, it says u r already logged in. Meanwhile, the Samsung account is greyed out. All the fixes u find in this community don't work. Sometimes, they will, but within minutes or a power cycle, the problem returns.  Also, volume control doesn't work, neither does channel changer or voice control. Samsung support is unable to solve any of these problems. Try this try that. Might as well try cycling power while tugging on your right ear lobe while holding the power button down while wiggling your left toe, not that toe, the other toe, count to 20 and shake your head. A joke. And they don't care.

userdf0JWQUzL4
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the same exact issue. Had issues with volume getting stuck.  Reset hub and also did a total reset but when I go to access the apps it asks to agree to terms and conditions and it will not let me. I try to go into account to login and it is grayed out.  I checked and I have the latest firmware.  Did you ever find a solution? 

userz3L6DTECUQ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm having the exact same issues and I cannot find a solution.  I'm ready to throw this tv out the window.  This all started with a volume control issue.  I reset the Smarthub and the volume issue was fixed for a couple of days.  Now, I can't do anything to fix.  I've tried unplugging the tv for 5 minutes, 10 minutes.  But the "Samsung Account" is still greyed out.  ?!?!?!?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried a factory reset of the television?

0 Likes
userjdmLb9es92
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Im having the exact same issues. Any solutions???

0 Likes
userjTtvNPrr6G
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the exact same issue.  I am able to approve T&C's but then it says I can't access apps until I approve T&C's but doesn't let me.  Because of this, I am unable to access the Samsung Account portion of the menu.  Essentially, I am unable to use my TV!

Solution
userrX7LqPMYQa
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I realize this is an older post, but for anyone struggling to resolve this issue. . . . . .

I struggled for days and days, trying all kinds of things, resetting over and over again. Last resort I called Samsung support and to my surprise they resolved the issue and at not cost and no excuse of that it was out of warranty. But this is what they had me do:

Unplug everything (yes, everything, except power, obviously) from the back of the TV. Go to Settings and find Reset SmartHub and reset it. Below that is probably another Reset, go through that process and let the TV reboot. At this point, the TV acts as if it is the first time you set it up. The setup process automatically starts. Go through that process connecting devices as it asks for it, cable box, network, etc. At some point it asks to accept Terms and policy, make sure to select I agree to all. It should also ask for your Samsung acct information, enter that. When you are done, the TV should be able to do all the things it did before.

I am posting because I struggled for days and days trying all kinds of solutions and combinations of everything I could think of. Nothing helped. I told Support they need to post this in their support community. And guy said he had the same issue and found the solution by accident. This is not posted anywhere.

If this doesn't solve your problem, I encourage you to call Samsung Support. I was pleasantly surprised that they soled the problem with asking for money or telling me it was out of warranty. Keep up the good work Samsung, you have restored my faith in you. I almost went out and bought another TV and I was damned if it was going to be a Samsung, but now I would definitely purchase another one!!!!