JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Crystal UHD TV. Cannot get audio out of the HDMI Arc connection when in the smart TV mode

(Topic created: 07-29-2020 05:14 PM)
user8rRPLLfjVi
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung Crystal UHD, Model code UN75TU8000FXZA. This TV feeds my Yamaha RX-V685 AV Receiver. The HDMI 2 Arc connection on my TV feeds the HDMI 2 Arc connection on the receiver. My cable box feeds the receiver into HDMI 1 input. When I'm watching TV thru the cable box (cable box feeding receiver and receiver feeding TV thru the same HDMI Arc connections I'm trying to get audio thru) the Audio thru the HDMI Arc connections work fine with the receiver. When I switch to smart TV mode (Netflix or Amazon) on the TV, I can only get audio out of the TV thru the digital optical connection which also feeds the receiver. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Bob

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello Bob! Your current set up is not using ARC at all. Your video devices are sending video and audio to the receiver and the receiver is sending video to the television and audio to the speakers connected to the receiver.

To utilize ARC (Audio Return Channel), connect all of the devices to the television and the receiver to the HDMI ARC port. Turn on Anynet+ on, on the television and any HDMI control setting on, on the receiver.

For reference, I also have a Yamaha receiver and a Samsung UHD television.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello Bob! Your current set up is not using ARC at all. Your video devices are sending video and audio to the receiver and the receiver is sending video to the television and audio to the speakers connected to the receiver.

To utilize ARC (Audio Return Channel), connect all of the devices to the television and the receiver to the HDMI ARC port. Turn on Anynet+ on, on the television and any HDMI control setting on, on the receiver.

For reference, I also have a Yamaha receiver and a Samsung UHD television.

0 Likes
Cabinetbob
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Interesting answer. I have the same setup as Bob..I'm a Bob too..lol..I have the UN70 tv. I bought 8/11.A week ago.  My tv has arc on hdmi 2. So I use that channel to send audio back to my stereo, (pioneer SC-LX501). When I been "trying" to watch tv from the tv. Fighting with this sound issue.  As before, I used a ruko stick plugged into the port on my system and let the system transfer all the audio to the speakers  & video out to the tv. Which was a samsung 55 plasma 3d set. Never a single issue with it. Still works fantastic! 

As far as my current setup. It's my xbox plugged into the stereo , hdmi out to hdmi 1 on the tv. Works as it should. But trying to get audio from the tv to the stereo is a night mare! I even went as far as getting another fiber optic cable to use which now, only lets me use PCM. It was working before with the option " auto" to use. Now, I have to select PCM. Not crazy about this at all. I bought two hdmi cables with arc. Tried them both, to no avail. Switched them to use hdmi 1. That works. 

I was on the phone with support for about an hour, no progress. Was being transfered to a superviser, held on for another 25 minutes. No answer. So now I'm back to this. I am currently watching netflix, spectrum through the xbox. Seems to be the only thing working correctly. If you have a resolution, I'd love to hear it! 

0 Likes
Cabinetbob
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

So, I kept thinking about the setup you are saying, my current setup and the error message. 

I plugged my xbox in hdmi 1 on the tv. And hdmi 2 from the tv to hdmi 1 (video out) on my stereo. Which also says " ARC" . I never put the two together since I always used it as the video out. Never thought of it as a two way direction. Well, that actually worked! I now get all the dolby atmos features that I have. So, thanks. Even the remote works my xbox. Interesting...The game mode on the tv is now utilized. So, everything works as it should! Now I did run into a delay/ sync audio issue. Not sure why. I ended up seting the delay to -10 on my stereo. Worked for a little while. I dont understand why that is happening. ???

I now have a power issue. It turns it self off after 60 minutes. I dont even have that feature turned on. I'll post that in another part of this form. 

Any thoughts on the delay issue would be nice. 

0 Likes