Original topic:

Samsung GX-SM530CF software/firmware file

(Topic created: 07-16-2021 07:39 AM)
userVPBqt99yji
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung GX-SM530CF smart media player - cable TV set top box, that has stopped receiving cable TV signals - the device powers on and works normally with the remote control - RESETS and all s/w i up to date.

Cable TV provider has come and come to the house and verified that the their signal is OK and that the media player is paired properly with their cable card.

I have another working media player and installed it on the same tv and cable connections and it works fine - so it must be this Samsung GX-SM530CF unit problem.

Tried to download latest Samsung GX-SM530CF firmware/software from Samsung website, but could not find it anywhere. I tried calling Samsung customer technical service, but could not find ANYONE @ Samsung who has technical support for this device,

Any ideas, help ??? ... maybe the s/w or firmware file download?

thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vilen
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Did you try Factory reset ?
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Technical support likely couldn't help because you called the consumer line. This is a business model, the support number is (844) 975-0803. If you purchased or lease it from your cable provider, I would look to them to resolve the issue.

0 Likes