cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung NU6900 TV Defaulting to "TV Plus" and it's annoying

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have DirecTV as my main TV watching device.  The problem is that whenever I select "guide" the TV Plus guide comes up on the screen.  I can go and select DirecTV as the "source" and get the guide to come up, but after the guide closes and I open it again, it goes back to TV Plus.  In other words, I cannot get it to set DirecTV as my default device.  It always defaults to TV Plus.

Anyone know how to fix it?  I have tried disabling TV Plus, but when I select guide it always asks me to scan for channels.  All I want is for DirecTV to REMAIN my default source.  How do I achieve this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung NU6900 TV Defaulting to "TV Plus" and it's annoying

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Navigate to Settings and then General. Select Reset. Enter your PIN (0000 is the default) and then select Reset. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and Reset will be located in that menu.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried to remove all channels? You can use this link for more information.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061521/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesnt work.  When I do that and press "guide" it asks me to scan for channels.  All I want is for guide to bring up DirecTV without having to manually go and change the source every time.  It's really annoying.

It worked when I first got the TV.  Something changed in the past couple days and I don't know what.  Is there a way to reset the TV to factory defaults or something?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Navigate to Settings and then General. Select Reset. Enter your PIN (0000 is the default) and then select Reset. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and Reset will be located in that menu.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked.  Finally.  If it happens again, I'll know what to do.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome!