Original topic:

Samsung Smart Remote unpairing randomly

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 7:17 PM)
userd48lVUE9iz
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello,

Our 2018 Q6 QLED TV came with the Samsung Smart Remote and has worked fine, until recently. The remote will power the TV on fine but will for some reason be unpaired even though this is our only TV in the house. When trying the troubleshooting steps nothing seems to work consistently besides unplugging the TV from the power, plugging it back in and re-pairing the remote. Needless to say, I shouldn't have to be doing this multiple times a week. My remote has fresh batteries and there are no obstacles between the remote and TV. Is it time for a new remote?

2 Replies
user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello,

I have q7fn 2018 and the same happened here. I used my guarantee months ago and Samsung replaced my remote control and the network card and it solved the problem... I don't understand how easily these TV fail...

I hope it can help you...

Best regards

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried to reset the remote by taking the batteries out and holding the power button down for 10 seconds?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes