cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhQrrD0880k
Asteroid

Samsung Smart TV - Turning off then on

I’ve had a Samsung smart TV for the past 2 years, works great and use it for my daughter to watch her Netflix movies. About 4 days ago, the TV all by itself turned off then back on, all while making this weird noise. Now it has been doing it every day we turn the TV on. 

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so, is there a solution?

11 REPLIES 11
userhQrrD0880k
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Smart TV - Turning off then on

After thought - Unfortunately this problem happened after I just purchased a 82in QLED ($2500) on Black Friday. Now I am worried this tv I just purchased will do the same and am thinking of returning it if my other TV cannot be fixed. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model number to better assist you? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userhQrrD0880k
Asteroid

Samsung LED50

userhQrrD0880k
Asteroid

Model Code: UN50J6200

serial #: <HIDDEN>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What is the current firmware/software version the TV is running? Is the TV plugged into a surge protector or the wall outlet?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userhQrrD0880k
Asteroid

I will have to check what version firmware/software but it is plugged into the wall outlet. 

Highlighted
pwilliams07
Astronaut

Can you help me too? My Tv is doing the same it's like it's in a loop 

Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU6900 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried to unplug the TV for 2 mins? Also, can I have your current firmware version? 

Samsung_uCpm09k
Astronaut

Well first off go 2 the settings menu on the TV and factory reset every single thing in the TVs systems and then at the bottom after making sure that its plugged in2 a surge protector 2 an outlet with a GFI and linked back to ur wifi there will b a support system and contact information. Call the service center and have them look n2 any and all glitches in your malware code and software. This is not a big enough problem to go through taking it back or sell it to get close 2 the $ u spent on the product n the beginning. If u r still unhappy with it contact me anytime and I will purchase it for a fair price