cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Smart TV UN55NU6900B Stuck on Screen mirroring

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI everyone, I recently mirrored my laptop to my Samsung Series 6 Smart Tv and when I finished, my tv stayed stuck on mirroring mode. Here is what it does. 

I turn it on, Samsung logo flashes, then the screen stays black, then the apps bar on the bottom pops up but I cant navigate the bar with the remote, the remote does not respond to any of the commands I try giving it except for Power off. If I try to pop up the apps bar or sources, nothing happens. 

This all started happening after I saw on the top right hand corner of my TV a message displayed reading " update installed " and after that the TV has been useless. It works if I mirror Youtube from my phone, or if I mirror my laptop, but that is it. It's basically a monitor with speakers. 

Has anyone else experienced this that can provide some insight? The TV is just over a year old so I really hope I can fix it and not be out the money I spent on it. Thank you for reading. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Smart TV UN55NU6900B Stuck on Screen mirroring

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update

Samsung sent out a repair techinician to repair my tv. I am completely blown away by the customer service I received. Very satisfied with all the help. I was really not expecting to get this problem resolved especially since the tv was out of warranty but the Samsung customer service that was replying to me on here was beyond helpful. Thank you to everyone who helped and thank you for tackling this problem for me no questions asks. Both of my TVs are Samsung, and I'm really glad to see that Samsung cares about their customers. I will continue to be a loyal customer. 

If there is another place I can leave review feel free to PM me a link, thanks again. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that so that I may look into this for you can I have your full model number and current software version? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for replying the Model number on my TV is UN55NU6900B

Another thing to note. Yesterday I tried installing th update from a USB and it kept showing "No files" when I put the USB in. Im not 100% sure what Software version it is 

The sticker on the back of it says its Version No: FA01/UNU7090 but I'm not sure if that's what you meant by software version. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to control the television using the button on the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No when I try pushing that button it doesn't do anything. The only buttons that work on the remote are Power button, and even if I power the tv off, it will automatically power itself back on. 

Also the buttons on the bottom. As I mentioned earlier when I stream from my phone, for instance, the Youtube app, It works, it will connect to my tv and open the youtube app on my tv and from there I can navigate youtube from the tv with the bottom STOP , PLAY, FORWARD buttons on the remote, but all the other buttons don't work. I thought maybe it was the remote so I installed the Samsung remote app on my phone and it was the same thing. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send the serial number to this PM Link so that we can look into this further for you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update

Samsung sent out a repair techinician to repair my tv. I am completely blown away by the customer service I received. Very satisfied with all the help. I was really not expecting to get this problem resolved especially since the tv was out of warranty but the Samsung customer service that was replying to me on here was beyond helpful. Thank you to everyone who helped and thank you for tackling this problem for me no questions asks. Both of my TVs are Samsung, and I'm really glad to see that Samsung cares about their customers. I will continue to be a loyal customer. 

If there is another place I can leave review feel free to PM me a link, thanks again. 

View solution in original post