cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Smart TV not showing Fire Cube Icon

When I originally paired my Fire Cube w/ my TV (Samsun MU6300), it showed the Amazon Fire Cube Icon in the menu. However I had to unplug the Fire Cube to move it to another shelf and now when I pair it, it's not recognizing it. It still works and allows me to watch shows on it, but it's not showing the correct icon. When I did a google search for this issue I saw a similar topic on the samsung website that said "solved" but it told me "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue."

And it also won't let me control the Fire Cube with my TV remote anymore

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Smart TV not showing Fire Cube Icon

We are sorry to hear about this. Please try the following steps. In the television settings, disable the CEC (Anynet+). Power off the television and disconnect the Firestick. Power the TV on, then re-enable the CEC. Then reconnect the Firestick and follow the prompts.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

That didn't work, it's still only showing as "Unknown" in the HDMI 1 port, and the TV remote still won't control it. I've also tried factory resetting the TV so it scans again, but still it won't recognize the Fire Cube

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried using a different HDMI port? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I tried moving it to different ports, nothing seemed to work. Sometimes it would identify the Fire Cube as DirectTV and show that icon. I retried what SamsungLou suggested above several times and it finally decided to pick up the remote. It's strange that I tried it several times and it didn't work, seems like it has a mind of its own. It's still only showing the generic "HDMI 1" icon but as long as the remote is working I can deal with that

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please keep me updated if you have any more questions! 

Highlighted
Constellation

I would like to chime in and say that I've just experienced this exact same issue as well. Unknown device with the fire TV cube and it occasionally showing as DirectTV. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having this same problem. Is there a fix?

Highlighted

Is this problem happening on a 2017 model? Or different year?

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine is a 2019 qn82q70rafxza.  I have a Fire tv that when I first plugged into the hdmi it showed up as Amazon Fire Tv and the Samsung remote would work on it.  I had to move hdmi ports and when I plugged it back in it either comes up as a unknown device or Directv and the Samsung remote will not work.  I've tried all the things above and have done multiple factory resets.  Any ideas?