cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Smart TV not showing Fire Cube Icon

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is a 55MU6300, pretty sure I got it in 2017. I was able to get the remotes to work by following what SamsungLou said at the top of the thread. I gave up on getting the FireTV icon to show up though, nothing I tried would fix that

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of the solutions here work.  My fire cube is NOT DirecTV. I have no DirecTV. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this and it worked for me .

In the television settings, disable the CEC (Anynet+).

Power off the television and disconnect the Firestick.

Power the TV on, NOT HERE ---> "DO NOT RE-enable the CEC " in TV

Then reconnect the Firestick and follow the prompts. it will connect

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also for Remote pairing , i pressed HOme BUtton for both the remote for 101-5 seconds and it was boom .. it got paired automatically and i can control Fire stick with TV remote n vice versa

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the television settings, disable the CEC (Anynet+).

Power off the television and disconnect the Firestick.

Power the TV on, NOT HERE ---> "DO NOT RE-enable the CEC " in TV

Then reconnect the Firestick and follow the prompts. it will connect

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Come on Samsung! How hard can it be to make the TV recognize a device that is so common? Fix it!!!

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Note the topic is fire CUBE, not stick.  This problem is inherent to the cube on samsung, I plugged old stick and box in and both show up ok.  As soon as I plug the CUBE in, samsung only allows a manual setup, can not recognize the cube properly, thus would assume we need to complain to amazon for an update. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userp42hRHXuLW wrote:

When I originally paired my Fire Cube w/ my TV (Samsun MU6300), it showed the Amazon Fire Cube Icon in the menu. However I had to unplug the Fire Cube to move it to another shelf and now when I pair it, it's not recognizing it. It still works and allows me to watch shows on it, but it's not showing the correct icon. When I did a google search for this issue I saw a similar topic on the samsung website that said "solved" but it told me "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue."

And it also won't let me control the Fire Cube with my TV remote anymore

I've been only able to resolve this by doing a factory reset on the TV itself then it restores the Amazon Icon.  It's a pain because you have to setup all your apps again.  Not a fan of the smart functions of this TV.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem. I unhooked my fire cube from everything for a half hour. I unhooked the power core, Hdmi everything. All three wires from the back of the cube. Plugged them all back in a half hour later. And the tv recognized them instantly. Try it. And let me know if this works.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved It!!

type in Amazon Fire TV  as the sorce name 

in minutes you will get Amazon Logo and remote will work 

View solution in original post