cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Samsung TV Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU6900 Series TV.  Periodically I would get a black screen with no picture and no audio for a few seconds then the picture and audio would return.  This only happens when I'm watching cable, streaming apps is fine.  If I unplugged the TV for 30 seconds the issue would resolve until I turn off the TV and later turn it back on.

The reason I am posting is to hopefully save others potentially of time and money.  I reset the TV even though it was brand new out of the box.  I replaced HDMI cable....once I exhausted everything I read a post and thought I would give it a try.

I reached out to Samsung support and requested they turn off a feature called "Instant On".  I got pushback and was told this only affects WiFi but I was persistent.  This setting can only be changed by a technician.  The tech remoted into my TV and  turned Instant On off.  I have not had the problem since.  This problem did occur every day.

I hope this helps someone else!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation

Re: Samsung TV Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution:  Contact Samsung Support and request the tech to remote into the TV and  turn "Instant On" off.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue, I replaced HDMI cable too.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution:  Contact Samsung Support and request the tech to remote into the TV and  turn "Instant On" off.

View solution in original post