Original topic:

Samsung TV Broken in less than 2 years

(Topic created: a month ago)
userbxrBFYqWZc
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased a brand new Samsung QN75Q60TAFXZA TV on May 23, 2020 from BestBuy.  On around August 15 2021 the TV stopped working and started power cycling, this is a few months after the 1 year warranty is up on the TV.  I tried a few troubleshooting steps, unplugging the tv and leaving it unplugged for a few minutes and then turning it back on to try to do a hard reset but the power cycling continued to happen.  I called Samsung support and was told that since it was past the 1 year manufacturer warranty I needed to take it to a repair shop.  The repair shop tested the power supply and said that was fine and that the issue was with the board, they ordered a new board from Samsung and replaced the broken board.  The TV kept doing the same thing, eventually they figured out that the issue was with the panel, when they disconnected one of the cables from the motherboard that connected to the panel, the backlight of the tv stayed on and the tv stayed lit, once they reconnected the cable the tv power cycled again.  I was told that Samsung does not sell replacement panels and basically i'm out of luck and need to purchase a new TV.  I'm not sure how a $1600 television can last for under 2 years, I've owned many TVs throughout the last 20 years and have never had any trouble with any of them this was the first Samsung that we bought, we probably kept the tv on for 4-5 hours avg everyday.  Is there anything Samsung can do for me or do I need to just purchase a brand new televison?

0 Likes
4 Replies
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Didn't samsung already tell you they can't help you
0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Most TVs have around a 1 year manufacture warranty, and it's extremely unfortunate it started malfunctioning right after that 1 year.
0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Come on, that's why you shouldn't buy shipped TVs from online as they are prone to breaking via shipment. It's safer to buy one from a retailer because I had my Tizen based Samsung TV from 2018 and it still works brand new.
0 Likes
usertlYU1vhO6X
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have the exact same problems with our Samsung QLED TV bought directly from Samsung online in December 2019.  We tried the hard reset and talked with support and were told that since the warranty had already expired we had to pay to get someone to take a look and see if it could be fixed, starting at $200.  Based on what your experience, it doesn't look like it would be worthwhile to try to get it fixed?  One would think getting a TV directly from Samsung would be the smart thing to do, but I guess that is not the case?  It is infuriating and I am not sure if I can trust Samsung products any more.  I only wish I had bought it from Costco...

0 Likes