Original topic:

Samsung TV Model UN65JS8500 Light Bleeding on the Sides

(Topic created: 06-28-2021 02:34 PM)
userGCV9uNKa0I
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased my Samsung JS8500 in December 2015 and now i am having light bleeding on the edges. This appears to be a very common problem with this TV. I spent about 3 hours trying to fix and and called support to help and they said they couldn't help as it was out of warranty! The edges almost have a light purple tint to it and make the interior part of the tv much darker. It is especially more noticeable when watching in 4K. They referred me to a repair service which they stated could cost at a minimum of $180 dollars just to take a look at it! Please help with this as I really like the tv but will not buy again if this is not resolved. I have had my small Sony Bravia for over  15 years and have not had any issues and would not hesitate to go back to Sony.  

2 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Unfortunately this is an issue all back lit or edge lit TV's have a chance of facing, not only Samsung. You can try a pixel refresh if your TV has that feature but I doubt it would help. A repair would likely cost almost as much as a new TV.
0 Likes
premaz1
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Yeah I had 3 of the js8500 models and 2 of the 3 have the light bleeding issue. This was a common problem with all 2015 and 2016 model tvs. The problem was so common that if you purchased the TV from BestBuy and had their service plan they wouldn't even send anyone to check the TV they would just issue a store credit in the amount you paid so you could replace the unit. The cost to repair the unit exceeds what it would cost to replace it with a newer model so that's not a realistic option. Samsung has since then corrected the issue in future models but its up to each person to decide if you want to give their products another shot.
0 Likes