Original topic:

Samsung TV Shadowing

(Topic created: 06-19-2021 05:43 PM)
JoeRoark
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Hello,

I've already worked with Samsung tech support and performed all troubleshooting steps. I have a Samsung UN50NU6900 that first started with a vertical shadow the height of the TV about 1/3 of the way into the TV from the left side. It has since extended into the TV further from the 1/3 of the way in up to about the middle of the TV. Shortly after that, the shadow has started on the far right side and making the picture barely visible on that right side. All troubleshooting has determined this is an internal issue with the TV that i would have to pay to have fixed. Unfortunately, the quote that I received to repair it was more than the cost of buying a while new TV. What can Samsung do to resolve this? I have been a loyal Samsung customer for almost 10 years now. 

Please assist in getting this resolved. 

Sincerely, 

Joe Roark

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey there! I see that you've sent us a private message; I've already responded to you and am waiting for your response 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
JoeRoark
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

TV has been successfully repaired thanks to the assistance of the admins in this group.   Thank you for all of the help and working to take care of your customers! 

0 Likes
JoeRoark
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
As I said, I've already worked with tech support and have done all the troubleshooting which has narrowed it down to a physical tv issue.  It is a 100% of the time issue, no matter if I'm using HDMI inputs,  USB drive media or built-in streaming apps.   This is a known Samsung issue and I'm NOT paying upwards of $300 to have it fixed.   What can Samsung do to resolve this? 
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Unfortunately, edge bleed and clouding are issues inherent in all backlit TV's not only Samsung. If the TV is out of warranty I'm afraid repair or replace are the only options you have. That's why I switched to OLED. I dealt with clouding issues for a decade and finally had enough.
0 Likes