JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV/Sony Bluetooth still not working 4 months since reported!

(Topic created: 04-01-2023 05:16 AM)
BHslcBOS
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Four months since this problem developed, and it’s still not acknowledged or resolved? Samsung even came out to my house and the tech was able to connect his Samsung earbuds, so I was advised this is Sony’s problem.

In the other post that where this issue was first reported and where everyone has voiced their same issues, I am unable to reply, so I am creating a new post.

I have the same issue — Sony Bluetooth headphones and earbuds worked perfectly fine for six months, and then all of a sudden, no Sony Bluetooth device worked   I even replaced my earbuds thinking they might be the problem.  But, it’s only Sony, and every device I’ve tried (5 Sony total).

My tv has been updated manually, and again by the service tech.   No fix. 

It seems clear that it’s a result of a software update but why hasn’t this been fixed in four months?

Doesn’t this make our TVs eligible for return due to warranty somehow?

I’m really surprised this hasn’t yet been resolved but even more frustrated that none of my Bluetooth devices work— still!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, I can definitely understand the frustrations with this. Please note that Samsung cannot guarantee compatibility with all third-party devices.

Please review the following article for how to connect headphones to your Samsung television: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00085342/

If these steps do not work, you would need to speak with the manufacturer of your headphones to see if there are any steps on your end. If you’ve tried that already, then this may simply be a compatibility issue, which we are not able to resolve.

We apologize for any inconvenience, if this is the case, we also recommend that you update the software on the headphones and television and stay up to date with the latest versions, in case an update comes out that corrects the compatibility requirements for the headphones.

View solution in context

6 Replies
usernB05PQsFjB
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I’m sorry to hear, did they send Asurion out? My house is visited physically by them I think four times without exaggerating, three, and my issue was not resolved and they close the case. Even if you have a warranty, it probably will not get fixed.

0 Likes
BHslcBOS
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I don’t think it was Asurian.  He seemed like a Samsung tech contractor. Case closed for me too.  Super frustrating!

0 Likes
RousJac
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
miracast is not working on my new S6 lite. It works on my older tablet, my husbands older tablet, my new phone etc. I have talked to several techs and no one can resolve the issue. Occasionally it will cast once, then the next time it can not find the tv I want to cast to. I don't have this issue with any other device. What gives?
0 Likes
GSony
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Sony Bluetooth headphones don't work with Samsung products- why?
0 Likes
SlimGritty
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same here. Just got brand new, top of the line Sony Bluetooth headphones and they won’t pair. Contacted Samsung customer service and they actually had the nerve to tell me they haven’t heard any other complaints about it. There are entire articles from tech websites about it! I’m furious. 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, I can definitely understand the frustrations with this. Please note that Samsung cannot guarantee compatibility with all third-party devices.

Please review the following article for how to connect headphones to your Samsung television: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00085342/

If these steps do not work, you would need to speak with the manufacturer of your headphones to see if there are any steps on your end. If you’ve tried that already, then this may simply be a compatibility issue, which we are not able to resolve.

We apologize for any inconvenience, if this is the case, we also recommend that you update the software on the headphones and television and stay up to date with the latest versions, in case an update comes out that corrects the compatibility requirements for the headphones.