JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV: UN65TU7000FXZA - Youtube App upload date always cut off or missing entirely.(screenshot)

(Topic created: 09-02-2022 09:10 PM)
userb5pPlDmeA4
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung TV: UN65TU7000FXZA - Youtube App upload date always cut off or missing entirely.(screenshot)

See? It shows Oct 22, then the year is cut off.  Often times, it won't even show the upload date. On my two other Samsung TV's, it always shows the entire date clearly and never cut off.  Even when I click the arrow to the right of it, to expand it and uncollapse the information, it ONLY shows the description, not the upload date.  I need to be able to quickly see the upload date of the videos, especially when watching news videos.

If I cant' resolve this, then I'll have to return the TV.  TV Firmware Version: 2101 .... Firmware version 2303.1 is available, but when I copy it to USB, the TV is unable to find it, even  though the USB is clearly working and can be navigated. I can literally see the firmware files through the TV, but the update software won't recognize the firmware folders I downloaded from: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0053844&modelCode=UN65TU7000FXZA
So just to be clear. When I go to settings --> support --> update, it doesn't find the new firmware on the usb, even though the files are clearly there: three folders and one file, all in the root directory; the same exact structure of the zip file, extracted to the usb; I didn't put it in a new folder, I just copied whatever was in the zip straight to the root of the USB.
date cut off.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You do realize that Google makes the YouTube app and Samsung has no control how the text appears in the app.

If you subscribe to the channel, then go to the chanel listings you get a lot of details.

It's also helpful to sign in to your YouTube account on a PC and create a play list, then hit Play All while in the list on your TV.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You do realize that Google makes the YouTube app and Samsung has no control how the text appears in the app.

If you subscribe to the channel, then go to the chanel listings you get a lot of details.

It's also helpful to sign in to your YouTube account on a PC and create a play list, then hit Play All while in the list on your TV.
userb5pPlDmeA4
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Can you give me the phone number to Youtube App Developers? 

Me: "Hi Youtube App Developer, It's nice to meet you."
Youtube App Dev: "Hey bro, I'm glad you called, what's up?"
Me: "My dude, the app cuts off the date in the Youtube App."
Youtube App Dev: "Oh, what model of TV do you have?"
Me: "UN65TU7000FXZA"
Youtube App Dev: "Okay bro, I patched it real quick. I'm sending down a hot fix now."
Me: "Oh bro you fixed it thanks so much."
Youtube App Dev: "Dude np, call me anytime! Don't call Samsung, just call us, after all it's super easy to get a hold of us. Call me anytime man. Here is my cell #, you can call me on the weekend np."
Me: "Wow, thank god I listened to that rando on the samsung forum."

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Lol. You do realize Samsung is a huge (foreign) company too, right. I mean, you got me, not a Samsung employee, let alone a dev or customer service agent. I'm just a user like you.

So, it looks like you'll be returning that TV.
0 Likes