cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6hXxjYTz98
Astronaut

Samsung TV melted! Screen ruined!

I bought a 50 inch Samsung smart TV in 2016-2017. We really enjoyed this TV as I always generally purchase Samasung products for quality. The TV model is UN50J6200AF. We've been smelling something hot off and on for a few weeks. Yesterday the screen went bad with numerous vertical lines dancing about and a small bright pixilated circle in the bottom right hand corner of the TV. When I felt the area of the circle out of curiosity,  It about burnt my finger. If this happens to you, I do not advise touching things. As I looked closer I could see that the corner trim around the screen where the pixalated spot is was melted. This could've burned our entire house down if no one was home to catch this. Not sure which direction to with this? This is scary if it's a common issue.

20190624_233800.jpg

20190624_233837.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung TV melted! Screen ruined!

I understand the seriousness of this concern and would like to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. Thank you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user3Fq1rz4YbG
Constellation

Re: Samsung TV melted! Screen ruined!

Had the exact same problem.